World Cup...

by zeroday 13 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I am a football nut. I watch every game, not always live though.
    But it's funny hearing about what others find boring.We get an American formatted ESPN channel over here that broadcasts hours and hours of Baseball, American Football and Basketball, oh and GOLF!!
    We get the WORLD SERIES of obscure games and sports like cards and dominoes.But a World Series of sports played by a dozen or so countries!?

There are only about 5 countries on the planet that don't enter the World Cup. Perhaps it's the simplicity and beauty of the game that appeals to all cultures.

And by the way, the U.S has a very good side, give them some support!
    Pete

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

"I'm trying to watch the world cup honestly, but this has to be the most boring game ever invented."

It's boring cos you don't play it to appreciate the skill and team work that are at play in this game. The fact that it is countries trying to win the most prestigious sporting prize makes it ten times more interesting. Unless you've played it you won't want to watch it.

I find I can't watch American football for more than 5 mins. I don't know the teams they don't mean anything to me, there is too much start and stop and it's full of annoying American bravado.

• Soledad
    Soledad

World Cup soccer is exciting. I look forward to it every 4 years and I watch every match!

No adverts here during the game!

• deeskis
    deeskis

I remember the excitement when Scotland was the only UK team to qualify for the world cup in '78. (can still sing.......we're on the march with Ally's army, we're going to the Argentine. And we'll really shake them up when we win the world cup, cause Scotland are the greatest footba' team!"

Now I've got that feeling all over again in a different country................Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oy, oy, oy!

You've gotta be in it to win it............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit