World Cup...

by zeroday 13 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

I'm trying to watch the world cup honestly, but this has to be the most boring game ever invented.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Baseball.

• lola28
    lola28
    Baseball.

LMFAO, that's so true, NOTHING is more boring than watching baseball. The only good thing about the World cup that I can think of is the hot guys other than that it could be as boring as baseball.

Lola

• greendawn
    greendawn

It may be worth waiting for the next round (stage of 16) to watch the world cup because in the early days there are lots of teams that are not particularly good.

So I am not watching anything until June the 24th.

• ballistic
    ballistic

has to be the most boring game ever invented.

Are you serious? If you are watching the USA game, you would have just seen Italy score an own goal for the USA followed by one of the Italians being sent off (with over an hour left) for slicing someones face open with his elbow, followed by a very near miss by the USA. If this doesn't get you interested, I don't know what will. P.S. Are they putting adverts on in the US coverage?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    P.S. Are they putting adverts on in the US coverage?

In Canada, they're showing 45 min. straight, but for other sports like hockey and football, they interrupt a 20 min. period for one or two commercials every once and a while.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    P.S. Are they putting adverts on in the US coverage?

Nope! And I'm sure it's driving advertisers crazy! I sure am enjoying the pleasure of an uninterrupted game, though....

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

what is interesting about the world cup.....is...it has teams from other countries in it

• zeroday
    zeroday

I have to admit I am not very familiar with the game, what I don't understand is why don't they go all out and rush the goal everytime instead of trying to set up the same play: get it to some one on the side, he kicks it to the center hoping against hope to luck out and get it in. The most interesting parts for me was when they did go all out for the goal kicking the crap out of each other and had a shot at the goal. I want to see some heads pile driven into the turf.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    I have to admit I am not very familiar with the game, what I don't understand is why don't they go all out and rush the goal everytime instead of trying to set up the same play: get it to some one on the side, he kicks it to the center hoping against hope to luck out and get it in. The most interesting parts for me was when they did go all out for the goal kicking the crap out of each other and had a shot at the goal. I want to see some heads pile driven into the turf.

Good question. You do occasionally see someone rush the goal, but without team support, you will be outnumbered and it will mostly end in failure. A far more usual scenario is to see the ball move up the wings and be crossed in front of the opposing team's goal for a striker to knock it in. Bear in mind you are not allowed to have your team "hang around" the goal waiting for the ball behind the opposing team (the offside rule). Also when it appears he is kicking it to the centre, it is not quite as random as it appears from the camera angle. The pitch is quite big, and they will normally kick it into space, where they have predicted that their team has the advantage to intercept the ball.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit