Do You Recognize Yourself As A Jehovah's Witness Still?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

or ................Gumgeekster in Mormon drag

• Gill
    Gill

I always say 'I left the JWs'. Funny, but when you say that, people come out with their JW horror stories! I realise now how badly JWs are thought of by the general public. I understand and am embarrassed to see what people must have thought of us in our JW days......we must have appeared totally NUTS!

• ronin1
    ronin1

I think everyone should realize what and who a witness of Jehovah is. Not a person necessarily belonging to any organization.

I witness of Jehovah is one who witnesses and proclaims the truths about Almighty God, his son Jesus Christ, and the hope of the Kingdom, etc..

Therefore, I will always consider myself a Witness of Jehovah in how I conduct my life and treat others in the Christ-like way. However, I will never allow myself to be associated with a man-made religious organization.

There is an account in the Bible (I cannot remember the exact scriptures) where Jesus' Apostles wanted to stop a man from preaching or praising Jesus or God because they felt he did not have the holy spirit or was not one of the Apostles and doing it-their way. Jesus reprimanded them and advise them to let the man preach or praise God because it was a good thing, etc.

My point is that there are many witnesses of Jehovah in the world, not just in the WTS organization.

Ronin1

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Minimus - Me too - nearly 3 years out.
    Funnily enough though, I still support my active wife by going to the Circuit and District Assemblies. Here I certainly don't recogize myself as a Jehovah's Witness. I seem like a total outsider. How things have changed since I was at the centre of our local JW world!
    Eyeslice

• garybuss
    garybuss

I might be a Jehovah's Witness witness.

• Calliope
    Calliope

no longer a witness of jehovah.
    "the god who wasn't there" (a movie i highly recommend).

but i am fading. which means when i'm out for a smoke with a friend or coworker, and they ask
    why i'm crouched down next to the building, hiding my face into the wall, wearing a hat and sunglasses
    on a rainy day... i have to tell them "i was a jw, which means...." so as not to leave them with an impression that i am totally insane. sigh.

calliopé

• merfi
    merfi

Having never been a truly good one, it's a relief now to say that I am "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses"...

When asked about religious past, I usually say "I used to be a JW..." Sometimes people will ask why I left, so I'll tell them. Usually, they'll just somewhat congratulate me on getting free.

Calliope -- BTDT! LOL

~merfi

• Calliope
    Calliope

what's "BTDT"?

see? another side effect of having been a jw. sequestration from similar 'puter expressions!

;)
    cal.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

btdt = been there done that

• Berean
    Berean

I tell people that I am a true witness of Jehovah; however, I am not part of the Apostate - Godless cult commonly referred to as Jehovah’s Witnesses; or now referred to as The Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit