Urban Legend

by Siddhashunyata 15 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

In England, one of our blind brothers had a seeing-eye dog
    I wonder if we can trace this to a specific time period and location? That is the trouble with urban legends, we never get enough facts to verify.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

There is indeed a lot to learn from this:

Witnesses will believe anything they hear from another witness, from the platform or in yet another
    stupid email.

Witnesses are happy to have any converts, even one who is converted through the actions of a canine.

Witnesses think that God works through pets.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I remember this blind dog story and as a young JW I found these legends very exiting.

Another one I remember is about a man walking on a street and a piece of paper flies into his eye. He flings the paper away but it keeps coming back at him no matter where he turns. Than he takes a look at the paper and sees a turn page of the WT advertising an offer for a free home bible study. The man is moved to make contact and became a JW.

A farmer who had a very aggressive attitude towards JW’s and would never let them witness to him, but chased them off his property, finally did become a JW. How so? As he has a publisher run for life, this terrified witness lost some of the literature on the way out. One of the cows found the magazine picked it up and started chewing on it. The farmer saw this and took it out of the mouth of the cow to put it in the garbage. On this way to the can he started looking at the beautiful pictures and is drawn to read what was left of it. The next time a JW came by he requested a bible study and eventually he and his family became witnesses.

This one might even be true; a man told the JW he is not interested but "I don’t mind you talking to my dog!" So the witness bends down to the dog and goes through his presentation and then says "Your dog would like to have the WT & Awake! and you to read it to him." The man paid for the printing cost (old) and became a JW.

A woman brought a book, I think it was the Paradise Book, that was offered to her at the door. When her husband came home and saw the book he throws it out the window. It hits a man walking on the street. The man grabs the book to throw it back, he looks around but cant find where it came from. Angrily he looks at what it is and starts reading… today he is a faithful JW.

A speaking parrot of JW’s flies out the window. Among other things he could say the family’s name and "God’s name is Jehovah!" the next day or so they get a call from the police to pick up their lost bird. At arrival the police officer asks them about the name ‘Jehovah’ and wants to learn more and he later got baptized.

A thief steals the service bag of a sister in street work. He runs away hiding and goes through the bag and reads the literature. A couple of days later he finds the sister to return her bag. He became a JW eventually.

All the many legends put emphasis on placing the most effective literature, none found the truth by reading the bible itself. I wonder why?

Freetosee

• Warlock
    Warlock

Someone stole my bookbag once. It was real nice,too.

How do I know that they came INTO the truth? They never returned it. Ha,Ha.

Warlock

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Someone stole my bookbag once.

Did you count placements for all the literature in the bag? Based upon these stories they are all legitimate placements

• daystar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit