An intriging tale of corruption in the congregation {Mark Heber Miller}

by sf 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kaput
    Kaput
    However, the fantastical nature of a great deal of his tale, calls into question everything he writes. My bullshit meter was pinging pretty loudly, but it went off the charts when I got to the point of his tale where he claims that out of 100 elders, he was the ONLY ONE... blah blah. I just can't buy it.

He's probably just following the example of "loopy" Freddie Franz with his Rhodes Scholarship story.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I'm reading it and at chapter 14. His reports of the fighting and plitical intrigue confirmed what I have been told by other elders.

He seems like a extremely intelligent man, very sincere and someone who craves energy in his life. he works hard, he plays hard. He is certainly not the average person and his stories do not surprise me. I have known persons like him, hard driving people, people who are born leaders and will never be a follower. He had a lively and unusual life and the Tom Sawyer thing fits him to a T

In many was he reminds me of Onacurse. (I just read his life stores). A sincere person who loves God with his whole heart and expects others who profess to be christians to do likewise.

I don't find his claims of his rock cluimbing , surfing, photography over the top. He's just a person who has a lot to give and his brain won't rest. He pushes himself. He could never have lived an ordinary life, based on what he's told us. He is constantly searching for answers and can't turn off his brain. he seeks to help others.

I have been thinking ever since i started to read this that it is one of the most open, honest and accurate stories I have ever read. I know elders, several. the things he tells about, well, I believe him. some of the things he talks about I recall hearing about. What a look into the rich and powerful elite borthes, the lifestyles most of us will never no anything about.

I can't wait to finish . This has be one of the best life stories i have ever read. Did he publish this book? I'm not paying to read it.

I love his writing and can't stop reading. I am very much interested in reading "across the affinty" (hope i got that title right) the poem he wrote about his near death experience.

he's no ordinary man.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Interesting experiences, I can relate to many things Miller says (not the Jesus-dream-vision). Thanks for posting, freetosee

• Dirks Retort
    Dirks Retort

I got as far as Chap 2 Sports - 1952

What a croc of xxxx

At 14 he builds a bike and starts racing. He instantly does incredable times (by today's standards using today's technology), and does his training riding up and down mountains without gears or brakes. You can't ride a bike with track-racing gearing up mountains and you would not dream of racing down them without brakes (he quotes 50 mph).

Then he starts running...I doubt any Australian 14 yo has ever run the times he quotes. I can count on one hand the adults in my state capable of running at his supposed standard.

Then on a whim he teaches himself to swim. Soon thereafter he unofficially breaks world records in all strokes.

He is sadly lacking in credibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit