Your guardian angel

by greendawn 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Mild dismissal of the idea in Watchtower 1976 8/15:

Are Jehovah’s powerful angels still willing and eager to serve in behalf of his people on earth? Most assuredly! When alerting his disciples to the seriousness of stumbling others, Jesus stressed the concern of the angels in the matter: "See to it that you men do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that their angels in heaven always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven." (Matt. 18:10) Jesus’ words do not necessarily mean that each devoted Christian has a special guardian angel assigned to him. But apparently angels are looking out for the spiritual welfare of true Christians as a whole. This is confirmed in question form at Hebrews 1:14: "Are they not all spirits for public service, sent forth to minister for those who are going to inherit salvation?" What marvelous aid is available to us through the angels!

• Warlock
    Warlock

Nark:

Yeah, that's why Jesus said "THEIR angels".

Warlock

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

One question. We read many stories over the years that some of the 'Friends' have been killed in traffic accidents going to and from the meetings, District Conventions etc.Where are the HGA. at this time. I know about the 'Unforeseem things that come our way' however, when actually obeying the command to fellowship at meetings, why don't the HGA. protect them from this kind of tragic accident? It is evident that they don't. How is it then that they are watching over us?

Blueblades

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I'd like to think I have a Guardian Angel - but I 'm pretty sure I haven't. I would also like to think I can become a Guardian Angel after my demise.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I would also like to think I can become a Guardian Angel after my demise.

Me, too. I knew someone whose mother visited from beyond to tell her that parents watch over their own children until they die and then the children go on to watch over their children, grandchildren, etc. Our priest says the communion of saints and those we love exist in a circle that overlaps ours and so they are always nearby. I'd like to think they are.

I'd like to run around with someone like Della Reese: Tess on Touched by an Angel.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Satanus,

I don't doubt you at all, but exactly how do you know that you have several? Have you glimpsed them? I would love to see mine!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit