Does anyone else feel like their damaged goods?

by MsMcDucket 35 Replies latest jw friends

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

Everyone who comes to these forums is damaged goods because you are seeking companionship outside of Jehovah's congregations. Simple as that. "and most of all being a former Jehovah's Witness makes me feel less than perfect." Well Duh!!!! You made that choice to go against Jehovah so you are very damaged. I can't believe the stupidity on here.

• luna2
    luna2

What a lovely comment, grissom. Personally, I can't believe the stupidity continually demonstrated within the confines of the cultic WTS.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i felt more flawed as an active JW than i do now

because no matter how much i did to please everyone i always was asked to DO MORE.

i feel more blessed now than ever before in my life. damaged goods? maybe.. but with the right attitude you learn to use your experiences in life to help you grow as a person. i think as an ex jw you have to learn a new way to measure your self worth. as a jw we used our meeting attendance and our monthly time to measure our worth.. as a " normal " person you have to find other ways, and that differs for all of us.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I strongly believe we are the sum of all our experience, good and bad. There's beauty that comes out of the bad. Here's an example of "damaged goods"

• jgnat
    jgnat

More "damaged goods".

• jgnat
    jgnat

More "damaged goods"

• hopie
    hopie

HELLO MSMCDUCKET !

THE REASON THE EX-WITNESSES LEFT IN THE FIRST PLACE IS BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER WANTED TO BE DAMAGED GOODS !

WHY IS EVERYONE WORLD WIDE LEAVING THEIR CULT-LIKE ORGANIZATIONS? BECAUSE THIS IS THE DAY OF THE (GREAT EXPOSE') WHILE STILL HAVING THEIR APPREACIATION OF SPIRITUALITY LEFT IN CHECK. NO LONGER ARE WE FOLLOWING BLIND GUIDES THAT HAVE THEIR OWN INTEREST AT HEART.

WE ARE NOT REBOTS, WITH NO SELF-DIRECTION, GOD GAVE US A CONSCIENCE AND THE RIGHTEOUS WILL USE IT FOR THE GOOD.

THIS IS A TIME TO REJOICE, FOR NOW WE ARE FREE TO WORSHIP GOD ACCORDING TO OUR CONSCIENCE

WHEN WE LEAVE A MIND-CONTROLLING RELIGION...IT IS NATURAL TO FEEL GUILTY OR DAMAGED, IT IS BECAUSE THE CULT-LIKE FOG OF THEIR CONTROL HASN'T YET LIFTED COMPLETELY BUT IT WILL IN TIME. GOOD LUCK !

• Lapuce
    Lapuce
    Everyone who comes to these forums is damaged goods because you are seeking companionship outside of Jehovah's congregations. Simple as that. "and most of all being a former Jehovah's Witness makes me feel less than perfect." Well Duh!!!! You made that choice to go against Jehovah so you are very damaged. I can't believe the stupidity on here.

Yes Grissom, I rather feel like a damaged good, then having no life at all as a witness, Damage but still in working order, Unlike some in the borg that are simply defective from being in there.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I agree. I can't believe some of the stupidity I read here either. W

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, Ms McD - I think it is readily apparant that you are much less damaged than the previous idiocy. Or than this, from GrissonXXXX = It is a shame that people are here portraying themselves as Jehovah's Witness as having some knowlege or going to meetings. What exists here is a complete lack of faith in anything. And a great amount of stupidity. The statements of "I'm a former Witness and people don't talk to me". Well Duh!!!. Why would anyone want to. Can all people do here is complain? No one has any backbone anyway. Stop complaining and do something to increase your faith and appreciation for God's word and his people on earth. This group will not do that. Ms McD - what this group WILL DO is stick by one another because we actually care about one another. No need to beat anybody up about it, including ourselves. Hang tough, James

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit