For the Christians on this board

by Honesty 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty

Is Jesus real to you?

The reason I ask is because a few weeks ago I was talking with two young men about Him and one of them turned to the other (his cousin) and said, "I know Jesus is real."

• Shazard
    Shazard

Yes!
    It is like asking - is reality real?

• heathen
    heathen

Absolutely . Just can't stand religionists . I believe in God and christ . My belief is not solely based on faith either , I've had some very strange and unexplainable things happen that just about blew my mind and left no doubt that God is real.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

He kinda comes and goes

Sometimes he's so real I could almost 'reach out and touch him' but other times it seems as if he's completely gone away but I trust he's still there. I guess that's what we'd call abiding in him.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I've always believed in God and Christ. I've never had any personal experiences of God or Christ that one could say proves they are 'real', but in moments of occasional doubt I always remember all the supernatural experiences people have had that surely proves there is something else out there. And even without that it seems obvious through reasoning on cause and effect that there must be some great mind and and power behind creation.

• greendawn
    greendawn

As He said: after I go away I will not leave you alone but I will send the Comforter to be with you until my return. Wherever there are people gathered in my name I am in their midst.

• delilah
    delilah

Honesty...........I've never had a "close" relationship with God, or Jesus. I believe in them, I know they exist, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I did not have that good of a relationship with my own father. I've tried to get close, but it's just not in me.....I don't get all warm and fuzzy feeling, when I think of them, or when I pray.

That's not to say that I haven't had some really moving prayers.....my relationship with God and Jesus, is as it is with my dad. I love him, enjoy his company once in awhile, and he's there if I really need him. Does that make any sense?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Is the Pope a Catholic? And does the Archbishop wear a dress?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes, he is real to me. I try to model my life after his and I speak with him almost daily. Lilly

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

My expierance with the Witnesses actually has strengthened my faith in God more than anything. I feel he is helping me and my wife leave. Everytime things look grim another circumstance arises that helps move things along. It's been quite an expierance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit