Where or what would you be today, if you would have never became a JW?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Often I wonder what I would be doing or even where would I be living, if I would have never met the JW's back in the late 80's.

Maybe it wouldn't have made any difference, or on the contrary, maybe a huge difference. The only way to really know would be to go back in time and change what happened and that's impossible.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I have absolutely no idea. It is impossible to know.

• KW13
    KW13

Judging by how i was before the witnesses, where we lived and how my mum was i'd of either killed myself or living a very rough life.

Sadly, i would of preferred a rough life and my sanity over the dub way of life lol.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

KW13 -

Think of it as a stage, then. Not something you want in your life now, just as you don't wear nappies now, but a step to where you are now.

• Mary
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I was 'raised' a witness - sort of. Mom was baptised when I was 5, and it was the only religion in the house. But mom was inactive almost from the start - so we were 'weak' in the 'Truth'. But I always thought it was right, since it was all I ever knew.

That said; When I was in HS my goals were not really 'Theocratic' - given my situation. That changed when a 'study' was started. I progressed quickly under the tutalege of a young pioneer.

One of my goals was to become a commercial pilot - and I pursued the idea until an elder basically shut me down. My dad was furious, as he indended to pay my education and see his son succeed in life [he was not a witness]. Anyway, long story short - I would likely have finished my carreer by now, and retired.

But alas, we cannot change the past. I still look at the jet-streams and jets in the air - and wonder what might have been.

Jeff

• Jourles
    Jourles

There is absolutely no way to tell as the JW life influenced most decisions.

But if it were my choice today, I would have loved being a pro beach volleyball player in the AVP. I would likely have went to a college that had a good indoor men's program as well(UCLA or Pepperdine).

• KW13
    KW13
    Think of it as a stage, then.

well, in that case i appreciate the knowledge i have and hopefully the opportunity to help others with it

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Well it is hard to say..... I was pursuing a career in tax/finance law when I started studying with the JW's. At this point, since shutting the JW philosophy out of my head, I am comtemplating another go at it part-time. I have a great job right now so money is not the issue but I always wanted to finish college and now I can pursue it without feeling guilty. And there are other worthwhile pursuits I want to take a look at.....

• Fleur
    Fleur

I might only be in the chorus of some off-off-off broadway show, but I'd be singing, I guarantee you that.

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit