Did John Denver hate Jehovah's Witnesses?

by free2beme 46 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

My mother once told me a story of how John Denver supposedly hated Jehovah's Witnesses more then life itself. My legend, these are two examples I heard while in the Witnesses ...

1. At a John Denver concert, he once asked all Jehovah's Witnesses in the audience to leave.

2. Johnny Carson once asked him if he did this, and when he said he did, Johnny Carson asked him to leave the show in rehearsal and re-booked someone else.

... awhile back I started looking on the Internet for information on this and could not see any proof of this and wondered if anyone ever heard this before or was it just something that was in our area. I have a feeling it is something others heard of. Please give me some insight.

• ackack
    ackack

As far as I can tell, there is no truth to these rumors. Whats interesting, is that this archetype comes up again and again, but in JW culture, its such old figures who play these roles.

ackack

• wednesday
    wednesday

if you can get search to work, you will find we did an ad nauseaum long thread about this a few years ago.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

thats very interesting

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Oh I see!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I heard something like this happened in Hawaii.......there was a district convention going on at the time.

• gumby
    gumby

Didn't he sing that song called......"thank god I'm a bethelite"....well, I got me a fine life I got ye ol bible, when the sun comes up I got bisquits on the table, life ain't nuthin but a funny funny ridlllllllllle, thank god I'm a bethelite.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

My Grandpa used to tell this story... swore up and down he saw it happen on "Johnny" with his own eyes. I think it was just that he had told the story so many times... he convinced himself he HAD seen it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I heard something like this happened in Hawaii.......there was a district convention going on at the time. Yeah, I heard it was Don Ho who said it.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Do you think he will get a resurrection in the New System? Not!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit