Thank you forum

by Free 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Free
    Free

It's only been a week since I found this fourm. My story is a long one but some have been through the mill worst then me as I can see. It was only about 1 month ago I read Ray's first book and finished it in less than a week ( I'm on his second right now ) It took me over a year after I stopped attending meetings before I could look at anything objective about the WTS which happend to be that book. Being the only one, In the last couple day's I have told my family that I was sorry for what I had put all of them through and that I am done after 10 years of being involved with the organization and I am NEVER going back, I now can only imagine how hurt they must have been and frustrated, all the holidays etc...The tears flowed down my face as I tried to explain why. They all knew that I had stopped going over a year ago because I had made some appearances on some holidays in that time (still didn't give any gifts) and had also given some hints but never said nothing at all until now. They all said it was OK and that now we can move on. I know some of your families have been torn in two though and I feel for you. I must admit I was hesitant at first about the fourm (APOSTATE) has been etched in my brain, but we are NOT that ugly word, we are normal intelligent people who just got caught up in something bigger than ourselves. Bitter? yes we are, Hurt? of course but the future can not equal the past and we all must move on. Thank you, for my healing has begun and may yours continue. All of you. Thanks for listening

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Your family reacted so lovingly. Like you were truly a prodigal child returned to the family. This little snippet of your story touched my heart. I don't think I have welcomed you, yet...

...Welcome!

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Free,

Welcome to JWD!

:but we are NOT that ugly word, we are normal intelligent people who just got caught up in something bigger than ourselves.

Well said friend. Sounds like your family is not in JW dubdom. If that's true, stike up the band. Let's have a party.

Dismembered

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Welcome to JWD, Free.

Enjoy the freedom

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Hi Free

This is a great place where you can find out and dicuss stuff

All the best and I hope things work out ok for you

Regards

BM

• jgnat
    jgnat

Anyone who walks away from the society is a hero in my eyes. Good going, free!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I must admit I was hesitant at first about the fourm (APOSTATE) has been etched in my brain, but we are NOT that ugly word, we are normal intelligent people who just got caught up in something bigger than ourselves. Bitter? yes we are, Hurt? of course but the future can not equal the past and we all must move on. Thank you, for my healing has begun and may yours continue. All of you. Thanks for listening

Being hesitant is a natural reaction, I was the same too and your right, we are not the demonised people that the WTS would have their followers believe. Good luck in your healing and I hope to see you round.

DB74

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome free...I have been out for over a quarter of a century now but still enjoy the stories and comments I read on JWD. It gives me encouragment to do more to try and get my daughters and siblings out. Thank You one and all.

Bob

• delilah
    delilah

They all said it was OK and that now we can move on.

Welcome, Free. Isn't it wonderful to have family who love us unconditionally, and are so willing to forgive and move on? Unlike the witness, so -called "family, whose love is conditional.

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( Free )))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit