From now on I'm calling this the "Rainy Season"

by JH 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

You forgot doc...........Ah's really Joelbear in a wig an' makeup.

Betcha that dampened your mood eh?! LOL!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I too have come home after riding in the rain (which is dangerous because once your brakes are wet they often don't work). One time I was so wet I stepped in the door and stripped everything off and put it in the washing machine to spin the water out before I put them in the dryer. And yes I was running around the house base as the day I was born. (for droolers - please note - this is NOT an image you want in your heads - REALLY)

Another time I was riding in Montreal's bike-a-thon (a 70 KM ride around 1/2 of the island of Montreal) and 3/4 of the way around the route it started to pour buckets. My brakes were useless so we stopped. That was the only race I ever quit

• Mary
    Mary
    LadyLee said: One time I was so wet I stepped in the door and stripped everything off and put it in the washing machine to spin the water out before I put them in the dryer.

That's hilarious LL, cause I thought I was the only person to ever do that! I had decided to walk to the store (about 1/2 a mile away) and it was perfectly sunny out. On the way back, the sky suddenly blackened and the torrential rains just poured down as I didn't have a brolly with me. I was silently cursing as I ran the rest of the way, but I was absolutely soaked to the skin and couldn't put anything in the dryer like that so I got the brainiac idea to put it through the "spin" cycle first.........great minds think alike.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

lol @ mary

I was very glad neither of my daughters were home as I snuck up from the basement, through the kitchen and living roomm up another flight of stairs to the second floor. My poor girls would have been tramatized by that view

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

On the way back, the sky suddenly blackened and the torrential rains just poured down as I didn't have a brolly with me. I was silently cursing as I ran the rest of the way, but I was absolutely soaked to the skin

Woooohoooooo! wet t'shirt moment, and she was running!!!

Did you run in slow mo like at the beginning of bay watch?

lol

• JH
    JH

Ha Ha !!! I just took a similar ride on bike just now, and it didn't rain this time...

• lola28
    lola28

Glad I live in sunny California, did I mention the beautiful weather we are having?

Lola

• Mary
    Mary
    Dr. Jekyll said: Woooohoooooo! wet t'shirt moment, and she was running!!! Did you run in slow mo like at the beginning of bay watch?

Ya dirty minded varmit!! Only YOU (and possibly Gumbear and KW13) could possibly relate the weather to anything sexual!!!

*gives Dr. Jekyll a Scarlett O'Hara slap*

• luna2
    luna2

At least the good doctor didn't post pictures, Miss Mary. lol

It's been SUNNY around here for three whole days. They said we'd get T-storms yesterday afternoon but they were wrong. YAY! We'll probably get rain today, though.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is something nice about rain, at least it keeps the grass and generally the countryside nice and green. You must have some totally waterproof coat and boots to walk around freely when it rains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit