WATCHTOWER LAWSUIT UPDATE

by SHUNNED FATHER 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Lawrence:

What you are doing is *very* important. Precedents are very significant: they are the building blocks to further Court proceedings, and set a very important standard in how future cases are decided. Each one won is a stepping stone to the ultimate prize: the complete repudiation of a cult organization's grip on its followers in matters of the life and death of a child, and the making of new laws that will release this grip, at least in affairs of those needing the most protection: the children.

If people really want to see this insane practice of the JWs stop, at least in the case of children, all should be done when the door of opportunity has opened. This case has set many precedents already, the only way that it can be won so that the door will REMAIN open is if the financial burden can be met for the legal representation. Every little bit counts. Even $1 will help, oh..plus the price of the stamp and envelope.

If precedents are reversed, it's not good. I hope everyone that reads this can send in a few $, or at least send a card offering support.

My donation is on its way. Good luck and God bless you in your fight. We are all behind you 100%.

Country Girl

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

bttt

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Should climb high in news ranking Calgary Dad Vows To Appeal Ruling Dismissing His Claim In ...
    770chqr.com, Canada - 9 minutes ago
    ... Society. Bethany died from leukemia in 2002 after being given blood transfusions contrary to her jehovah's witnesses faith. Hughes ...

Calgary Dad Vows To Appeal Ruling Dismissing His Claim In Jehovah's Case Jun, 13 2006 - 3:20 PM
    CALGARY/AM770CHQR - Options are running out for a Calgary dad trying to sue on behalf of the estate of his late teenage daughter.
    A Calgary judge has ruled "conflict of interest" in the case of Lawrence and his daughter Bethany Hughes, meaning he cannot represent his Bethany's estate. This basically closes the door on his lawsuit against the Watchtower Society.
    Bethany died from leukemia in 2002 after being given blood transfusions contrary to her jehovah's witnesses faith.
    Lawrence Hughes says he's disappointed.
    Hughes says the conflict of interest was based on the fact he and Bethany didn't agree on her treatments. He says he has 20 days to appeal.
    Bethany's lawyer is applauding Tuesday's ruling from Calgary's Court of Queen's Bench.

----------------- Lawrence Hughes
    Lawrence Hughes

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

My donation is on its way to you. You are correct in that the more people AT ONE TIME who attack the WT, the greater the damage. In NYC, they CANNOT ignore this kind of attention. I lived near the city for 50 years. People already hate the WT for DUMBO and many other things. They are aware of the abuse scandal. By the way, Silent Lambs is up and running again. They also need money and even $5 will help Bill Bowen to keep the site running. I've volunteered my computer services and some money as well. This sick, child-raping cult MUST be destroyed ASAP. Every week that goes by, more children are molested. We can't shoot them in the streets, but we can sure as hell shoot them verbally.

It might be possible to distribute fliers for Shunned's crusade. People could also go door to door. So many people are sick of JW's knocking on their doors to sell the literature that it would surprise them so much to see that there is an active group people following in their wake to collect the literature back (sound familiar?) and to offer to burn it for the householder, who in most cases, didn't want it anyway. The public could also be warned about the abuse policy. I can't see the public being annoyed at such a warning. We could also offer to tell them that JW visits could stop if they only tell the publishers to remove them from the territory card. I know most of the public doesn't know this is possible.

I wish you the best, Shunned, and hope that you win. My family was also lost to me and I realize that the only way to find closure is to warn others and help to destroy the WT once and for all. They cannot possibly survive ten solid years of constant lawsuits. They are not THAT rich or clever. We outnumber them 1,000 to one. They have a superb organization. We don't at this time. But we are smarter than they are and they do NOT have any god on their side. I would welcome any opportunity to fight these perverts any way I can.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    They also need money and even $5 will help Bill Bowen to keep the site running. I've volunteered my computer services and some money as well.

That's it,let's all put our money where are mouth is i do big time!

• Anitar
    Anitar

I'll send everything I have, which isn't much. May God bless you, and give you the strength to say the things that millions of people cannot.

The memory of Bethany Hughes will live forever in the hearts and minds of true Christians long after the wicked Watchtower has crumbled.

Anitar

• hubert
    hubert

Lawrence, are you still able to sue the Watchtower lawyers?

They are the ones that have a "conflict of interest", not you.

Hubert

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

On news wire again!

Court throws out Jehovah's Witness lawsuit
    Globe and Mail, Canada - 12 minutes ago
    Calgary -- A lawsuit that accuses Jehovah's Witness members of contributing to the death of a Calgary teen who refused blood transfusions was thrown out ...

Canada in Brief

Court throws out Jehovah's Witness lawsuit

DAWN WALTON Calgary -- A lawsuit that accuses Jehovah's Witness members of contributing to the death of a Calgary teen who refused blood transfusions was thrown out yesterday by the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench. Lawrence Hughes, who brought the suit, was not properly named administrator of the estate of his daughter, Bethany, 17, who died of leukemia in 2002, the court said in reversing a previous ruling. Without funding, Mr. Hughes said he cannot afford a further appeal. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/feedback/?form=lettersToTheEditorForm&articleHeadline=Court+throws+out+Jehovah%27s+Witness+lawsuit LETTER TO EDITOR SUBMIT YOURS

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I sent cash, not sure if you got it. Two months ago.

Dismembered

• geevee
    geevee

How is this going? Danny has posted some articles. Is the money for your appeal fund building? Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit