Acknowledging the opposition within: Small number of JW's disgruntled

by truthseeker 26 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Wow, Justitia Themis. The most fascinating aspect of this is that there are "several" of you that openly discuss these things with each other.

I wonder how many JTs are out there!

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

We are a pioneer/elder's wife, 15 year regular pioneer, and me (I don't want to to disclose too much about myself). Yesterday, my husband and I went to visit a DO and his wife who are in our area for vacation. I will probably be visiting the DOs wife this fall when I travel to their area with my youngest daughter to get her settled in law school...yep, I said law school.

You should have seen us laughing about the Daniel book.

• under_believer
    under_believer

What is interesting is that none of us are considered 'fringe.' The WTBTS has a bigger problem than the openly "disgruntled." They have us, those that give the appearance of being compliant, but who practice and believe what they want.

Justitia, in my opinion the majority of Witnesses fit into that category, whether they talk about it or not. I can't think of a single Witness I know well who doesn't do exactly the same thing. The only difference between you and them is that you actually have people you trust well enough to discuss it with. Most don't--don't dare, even--and therefore keep it shut inside.

Please post more. I find your writing on this subject compelling.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

in my opinion the majority of Witnesses fit into that category, whether they talk about it or not.

I agree. I suspect it is an unintended, unanticipated and unwanted by-product of so many "new light" theories. The WTBTS's mantra has been that if you don't agree with something...wait and see...Jehovah will give more light on the subject. So, that is what people are doing...forming their own belief constructs and waiting the the FDS to catch up.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I know more than a few Witnesses who's beliefs are not recognizable as Witness beliefs yet they go to meetings, sing from the song book, give answers from printed texts, and go in service. They were actually more stable as Witnesses than people like many of my relatives who went by the Society's line of word and deed. The skeptics didn't have the disappointments that we had, hell, they didn't believe it in the first place.

That was the big problem with my wife. I'd show her something wrong with the Witness beliefs like the 1975 prediction, and she'd say, "I never believed that anyway.". Same thing with my dad. He's a "Let's be a Witness and wait.", type person. Wait for promised rewards, wait for people he doesn't like to be punished, wait for corrected teachings that he knows are currently wrong.

These Witnesses are social Witnesses and almost bulletproof. :-) The only thing to make them leave the group is a social setback. Glad to read another one here.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I have to agree with uncle Gary.My father-in -law wanted to have a chat with me last year concerning my questions.Turned out he didn't believe most of what the WTS teaches but still wants to stick with them because "it's the only religion who tries to live like the first century christians".OK,needless to say he never answered any of my questions.

A vast majority of jw's are in denial,live by slogans..."I have to stay close to Jehovah's organization...Stick to the truth...make the truth your own"...and the most famous of all-"Wait on Jehovah".

Goldminer

• Mary
    Mary
    it has been said that at least one member of the GB mentioned they should discard everything and just start again.

I find this statement very interesting.....any idea as to which member might have said this?

Goldminer said: My father-in -law wanted to have a chat with me last year concerning my questions.Turned out he didn't believe most of what the WTS teaches but still wants to stick with them because "it's the only religion who tries to live like the first century christians".

That's my oldest sister to a T. She's an elder's wife (loves the prominence and position they have in the congregation), goes out in Service all the time, never misses a meeting (even goes when she's sick for gods sake)......yet she's told me for years that she doesn't believe Jesus returned in 1914 and she's never believed that Armageddon is coming in our life time. When I press her, she simply says "...it's given me a good way of life and a hope for the future.." She goes, but only because of the social aspect of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit