What did you learn throughout the years as a JW?

by JH 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What did you learn were you taught about the Watchtower Organization ? That is is the Faithful spirit directed slave and must be followed in all hings & it it is right, even when it is wrong..

What did you learn were you taught about the JW's They are the happiest people on Earth who practice genuine love to each other and the world

What did you learn were you taught about God in general and the Kingdom to come? That It would put right all that was wrong with the world, that I could have perfect life forever. To be fair , I also learned to read well, to address an audience without nerves . I developed an interest in the past and history , and a respect for God.But I have learned a lot more in the last few years than I ever thought possible. I have learned to follow my own judgement and not be a woolly minded sheep

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

What did you learn about the Watchtower Organization

What did you learn about the JW's

What did you learn about God in general and the Kingdom to come?

1 I learned that the wts is run more as a business than a religion.

2 I learned that though most jws are nice people, they are totally brainwashed and will adapt to any teaching of the governing body, no matter how bizarre it may be

3 I learned that if there is a God, which I now doubt, the wts definitely do not serve him

• xjwms
    xjwms

How to Burn

and most of all

How to get burned.

• OneLord
    OneLord

A question for the ex-JWs who responded; do you think you were Christians in your JW days?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

A question for the ex-JWs who responded; do you think you were Christians in your JW days? Yes, of course, I was part of the Christian congregation of jehovahs witnesses. I thought of myself as a Christian for 25 years, just shows how wrong you can be... btw onelord, welcome to the forum

• OneLord
    OneLord

Hi fullofdoubtnow,

Thanks for the answer and the wellcome . I am interested in the link ex-JWs often seem to draw between leaving JW and Christianity, when in fact many of us think JW isnt Christianity.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Hello OneLord - welcome !

I learned that I had sinned against the Holy Spirit - I was a child and I wanted it clarified and was told that if I didn't know what sinning against the Spirit was - then I MUST HAVE.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello friends..

I actually learned alot...

1. How to study and understand prophesy and symbolism..(even though all their prophesies are wrong and half of their symbolism) They attempt it..(more than the religions)

2. How to teach

3. How to pray

4. increased faith..(as I had none before..)

What I learned about the WT...is the true technique of brainwashing and cults..

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I learned that I had sinned against the Holy Spirit - I was a child and I wanted it clarified and was told that if I didn't know what sinning against the Spirit was - then I MUST HAVE.

Bloody hell thats harsh indeed..but sadly all too believable.I can remember at the age of about 6/7 my Mother told me i was demonized because i didnt really grasp the reason that the trinity was "wrong".

• Warlock
    Warlock

They taught me "Let God be True, and Every Man a Liar".

What I learned is it also applies to them. I don't mean this in a malicious way, either.

Warlock (not just a liar, but a sinner as well)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit