What should I take to Kenya as a gift?

by katiekitten 28 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

Yum...cookies!

• BritBoy
    BritBoy
    Yum...cookies!

SOMEONE STOP ME..... I am on my TENTH cookie... they are warm and freaking gorgeous...MAN ALIVE, I am meant to be on a STRICT diet for my Dominican Republic holiday next week... I am turning into Marlon Brando thanks to these cookies... some one lend me a Moo Moo, I feel a milk & cookie moment coming on and I need to get comfortable on the couch!

• Scully
    Scully

katiekitten

Maybe the children at your school could make some small trinkets (friendship bracelets, a collection of poems, etc) to give to the children of Moses' school.

How about a collage of photos of students from your school? Then take some photographs at Moses' school and have a collage made to bring back to your school. Offer to set up a pen-pal network between your students and the Kenyan students. Bring some disposable cameras so the students can take photographs, have them developed - one set for your students and your memories, another set for the Kenyan school.

Unless I knew for sure that replacing the lamb was not going to cause offense to his hospitality, I'd probably not do that without checking first.

Have a wonderful time!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

As long as it's not Rachel's "Trifle a la Shepherds' Pie"!!

There's quite some distance between Jnc 13 and 21, ya must be bladdered - LOL

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh blimey I'm sittin 'ere readin all this and actually understandit. I do.

I think I've been thinking to long this week about Brits and Scots

Congrats on your win

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ye'll nae ken whit ahm gonnae sey tae ya next, lassie, cause I'm gonnae baffie ye wi a braw bricht guddle o gurnies.

Gonnae nae dae that? Jus, gonnae nae??!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

all but this

bricht guddle o gurnies
  • luna2
    luna2
    Ye'll nae ken whit ahm gonnae sey tae ya next, lassie, cause I'm gonnae baffie ye wi a braw bricht guddle o gurnies.

Gonnae nae dae that? Jus, gonnae nae??!

britboy, don't worry about it...just purchse some large, tropical shirts, some shorts and a panama hat. You'll be fine. Men can always get away with a few extra pounds anyhow. The cookies sound divine. I don't even have any graham crackers around here.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy
    britboy, don't worry about it...just purchse some large, tropical shirts, some shorts and a panama hat. You'll be fine. Men can always get away with a few extra pounds anyhow. The cookies sound divine. I don't even have any graham crackers around here.

It's like feeding time at the Hungry Hippo. Fill that trough up and stand back... I'm a coming through!

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Congratulations on the win! I was in Kenya on safari a few years back and one of the most cherished gifts we brought for the children were pens. The people of Kenya are very friendly towards tourist and almost anything would be appreciated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit