When You Think About It----Jehovah's Witneses Are Just Weird!

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The more I dwell on it, the more embarassed I am that I was ever a Witness. JWs make big deals about nuthin'. You can't say "bless you" if someone sneezes. It's related to demonism. You can't "toast" to another's health or well being. It's pagan. You can't watch the fireworks on July 4th. It's nationalistic. You can stand for the flag salute but must be seated for the national anthem. You can associate with an "unbelieving" husband to help him accept the "truth" but you must avoid association with "weak ones" within the congregation. You shouldn't attend large gatherings. You shouldn't want to further your education. You can't take blood transfusions but you can take blood fractions.......Am I missing anything else?????

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

You can't celebrate Christ's birth, or Mother's and Father's Day. Women must wear skirts or dresses even if their legs get frostbite! Men can't have beards, even tho Jesus did. God needs the Dubs to turn in a time card every month, guess he can't see for himself whether they went door pestering or not, and there is a minimum quota he expects! And sooo much more!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Jesus died on a tourture stake, Not a cross... I mean if you are a christian, who cares how jesus died, as long as he did...

• blondie
    blondie

Weird...maybe...controlling is more serious.

And there are a lot of controlling groups out there.

The fact that these groups appear on this list does not necessarily mean they are a destructive mind control cult. They appear because we have received inquiries and have established a file on the group.

http://www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/groups/

• minimus
    minimus

The Worldwide Church of God by Herbert Armstrong is VERY similar to JWs.

• blondie
    blondie

The old part is that stayed true to Herbert's doctrines; the parts that broke off are more traditional.

Blondie

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

i always found the insistance on using the "official vocabulary" to be weird. if you don't use the "proper" term you may as well be speaking klingon. if you can't understand what i mean if i say "the man on the stage" instead of "the brother on the platform" then you my friend are not only weird but you are also ignorant. i made a conscience decision early on to refuse to learn the lingo and it has served me well in talking to people who don't use jw speak.

while writing this, and trying to think of examples, i asked my wife (baptised in mid '70s) what was the official word for the " bulletin board"... she didn't have any idea and neither do i. lol

one thing i would advise anyone studying with the society is don't learn the language!

j2s

• minimus
    minimus

Bulletin board is papal. So it's information board.......Actually, it's al so "cultic"!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, they are weird, which is more reason for my embarrassment, too, Min. They try to control every single minor detail of believers' lives. Eventually, it takes its toll (for many ppl).

• minimus
    minimus

When I see the Fake "joy" from Witnesses, it makes me want to puke. These people wouldn't know how to have fun if their lives depended upon it. They forgo the quality of life for the Organization----only to be dumped in older age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit