How do I get Current Watch Tower Publications?

by Broken Hearted 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted

I know i have posted before about watch tower publications, however most of the help there directed me to ebay and other things for old copies, What I am looking for are the current copies.

Here is why, Most of you know that I am not a JW and am in a long distance relationship with a JW, (see other posts) He knows that I am on this site getting information along with the the Watchtower site itself. The other day we got on the religion subject again, and I asked him about the Watchtower site and their using words to make things look worse than they were, Right away he felt I was looking at the negative side of the JW. I understand his thinking in this. He has asked me to go and meet with someone from the local kingdom hall here in Florida, and ask them the questions I have, I told him that a lot of the questions I have will have no answers however, I have decided I will at least do this. I would like to be able to have some of the recent Watchowers so that I might highlight articles and the questions I have about them. I am not trying to get him out of his religion, as I have stated before, I am just trying to show him why I can't join in this organization from my beliefs. I know with some of you this will sound crazy but my thinking on this is, I am in love with this guy who adores his daughter and parents ( his father is an OS) If he is DA or Df'd then his daughter and parents are then angry at me not him, for taking him away, that is not my purpose. I have told him this on many occassions. I told him to look at it this way, If I were to join the JW, and stopped with my beliefs, my children, my parents and siblings would be angry at him for getting me into a religion that shuns them and their beliefs it goes both ways. Here is where my beliefs and Faith and a lot of Prayer comes into play. It has to be GOD, JESUS and the power of the HOLY SPIRIT that will take the step to get him out if that is what is mean to be NOT ME.

So can anyone help? Is there a way the current Watchtowers could be scanned and a put on the board here somewhere for those of us not able (worthy because we are worldy christians) to get? Just a thought.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

The ReExamine site has some current mags, (http://reexamine.org) but any kingdom hall is likely to give you copies if you ask them. Just pop in on a thursday evening around 7:15ish, or Sunday morning around 9:15ish. Surely somebody would be happy to count a couple of placements on your behalf!

Failing that, you could always hang out in a Tim Horton's for 15 minutes or so on a Saturday morning and wait for the next van load of JW's to arrive.

Watchtower has a website with a small sampling of their wares available as well. You might find something there worth poking around on. Their series of articles on "propaganda" contain enough irony to last you a lifetime! ( http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/6/22/article_01.htm )

Dave

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

you could frequent laundramats, doctors offices, and bus stops..

• juni
    juni

OFG - Aren't those mags usually the old issues? Or are they now leaving the latest ones?

Juni

• blondie
    blondie

Several ways but through an active, meeting-attending JW

1) Find a place where JWs do regular street witnessing...get the current publications there

2) Call a local kingdom hall and make an appointment for them to drop off the magazines at your home...if you're comfortable with that...otherwise choose a friend's address with their permission

3) Drop in at a kingdom hall as stated above just before the meeting begins, giving yourself a 10 minute window. The problem with this is that you will have to probably talk to an elder and get permission from him to get them from the magazine counter.

4) Except for the single copies of the WT and Awake, many of the current publications are on Ebay.com or alibris.com or amazon.com under used books.

You have to decide how much contact you want with a JW and I think it is easier when they come to your door. You have a little more control than if you went to the kingdom hall.

Blondie

• penny2
    penny2

My suggestion would be to ring the local congregation (there should be a number in the phone book) and let them know that you'd like someone to call with the latest magazines. As blondie said, make an appointment for this to happen. If it's someone you feel comfortable with, ask them to call and leave the magazines with you regularly.

You will make a local jw very happy. No-one is regarded as unworthy to get the magazines. Most people don't want them and the witnesses are conditioned for this. So when someone asks for publications they are overjoyed. You could stress that you don't want any further involvement and they will still be happy because they get to report the magazines as placements.

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted

Thanks All, I live in an apartment complex that has a no soliciting rule, SO they never come in here, So Maybe I should ask if they would meet me at a netural location ( like the mcdonalds just up street from the kingdom hall) and then tell them when I have had time to go over the materials that I will call back if i have any questions. WE have possible tropical system coming toward florida, guess it would not be nice to ask them to meet me in the middle of all that huh? LOL sorry was just a funny thought I had to see just how dedicated they were.

• penny2
    penny2

Could you ask them to leave the magazines in your letterbox?

• wednesday
    wednesday

I'm sure someone has told you that you may live to regret getting invloved with a jws. His parents most likley are not happy he's getting involved with a "worldy" person . On the positive side, it may be his way out. Many jws have married out of the org, and then their excuse for stopping meeting attendance, celebrating holidays etc, was his wife/husband expected it. (it was their faith) So it you have a worldy spouse, you can use them for almost any excuse. Except nowdays jws are getting kind of really goofy , and they are declaring anyone who is not a practicing jws, to be a spiritual endangerment to the believing jws. (grounds for separating or for legal divorce(not scriptual divorce but legal) So if you have made up your mid to marry him be sure you go in with a set of beliefs of your own or lack of beliefs, whatever, and make sure he understands that you have rights to practice your faith or lack of it. If you let him start pushing you around on this, it will never end. His goal will be to covert you and if you l make any attempt (however innocent) to expose his religion, they will then declare you to be influenced by apostates, and then he could just up and leave you. If he is upset now over just a few questions, I can't begin to imagine how this will end. Also, never go to a KH and ask them questions. They have you out numbered . They will get you confiused and if they can't do that., they will declare you belligerent or a jezzebel (true) .

so if you marry this man, he may try to covert you and your children. (remember he coudl refuse blood for one of your children if you were ot there) . And remember as I said, he can use your questioning and all that at any times as an excuse to leave you and decare you are a spiritual endangerment. So he's always got an out and he can use it anytime he wants, esp if he now finds a jws girl who will have him.

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted

Penny

No We have locked boxes inside apartment building.

Wednesday,

Thanks for the information, What ever happens with us will be a long term thing because of the our children. He is not willing to move to florida because of his daughter and I am not willing to move to his state because of mine. Until they are 18, so that is where this is for now, and just taking one day at a time, I don't see a need for a rushing into things, and that is why i am taking as much time as I need to do my research on this stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit