Comments You Will Not Hear at the 6-11-06 WT Study (SHEPHERDS 2)

by blondie 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The_Big_Picture
    The_Big_Picture

You start off by criticizing WTC b/c they don't give credit to Jesus and his "flock"!? I don't get the point you're trying to make? Even Jesus recognized who has authority over everyone including the flock and he rightly gave this credit to God.

I was interested to see what you would say about Paragraph 13 (to make my point) but of course you skipped this important piece, otherwise you would have to try to explain it to everyone here, which is found at...

John 7:16

"Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me."

...so who was Jesus, even Jesus giving credit to? Not himself as you seem so bent on in your opening statements.

You obviously have some hatred built up inside you about the JW organization. Spending your time reviewing the Watchtower (which not even all JW's do btw...pretty ironic and funny that you do it though) just to critique every paragraph. ??? What's that about? Let me guess you come on here to preach your version of the Watchtower articles b/c perhaps your comments were longer than 30 seconds at the Hall so the conductor had to cut you off!? And now you're offended.

Well, at least you're doing your studies each week! LOL! Keep 'em up!

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Blondie.

Something I find kinda interesting is that even though Jesus/Christ, the Faithful & Discrete Slave/slave class, and Jehovah are mentioned by name almost the same number of times in this article (about 18, 18, and 15 respectively), in the New Testament Jesus is mentioned many many times, the Faithful and Discrete Slave once, and Jehovah not at all...

~Merry

• blondie
    blondie
    It's gotta be a pretty crappy job but I'd like to know how come they don't offer to help people in the full time ministry with their daily needs . Never once have I seen an article that encouraged to share monitarily within the congregation . Usually it's about supporting the world wide work

Well, heathen, the WTS has a time-honored position of no one within the congregation, not even the pioneers, officially receiving money from the congregation. Giving money to the CO and DO, yes. Not even the special pioneers can expect an official donation from the congregation. The expectation is that individual JWs in the congregation will make themselves aware of who needs help financially and make individual and private monetary donations. But most JWs don’t know each other well enough. Hey, many JWs don’t even offer gas money to the pioneers.

As to needy folk, I went on a return visit where the sister asked this woman for money for the publications. I had looked around this clean, but sparsely furnished one-bedroom apartment, noticed there was no food in the cupboard or refrigerator. She had 2 children, one still crawling. She didn’t smoke or drink. She wasn’t wasting her money. But this sister asked for money. As I went to the car with this sister, I pointed out how this woman had no money. She said, "They won’t appreciate the publications if they don’t pay for them." I went out shopping that day and got some staples, milk, bread, baby food, etc., and dropped them off. She cried and I cried and for once felt I had actually done a Christian thing. Now, I’m not a chump. I had a woman cry poverty as she smoked away on cigarettes, saying she couldn’t afford milk for her son. I suggested that she quit smoking and use the money….well, I was more tactful than that. But you get the picture.

Xjwms

, you are my faithful supporter. Hope things are going well with your projects. I supposed I should find something good to say about the WTS. Individually, JWs are most blinded to the realities, or choose not to look to close. But many a man who beats his wife and/or children, may have a good quality here or there, but as soon as their fist hits the body of their family…what good is that quality.

Bluesbrother

It starts with a subtle hint that elders should be appointed in their late twenties.

Well, the WTS has been dropping subtle hints to baptize JW children younger and younger; why not appoint elders younger and younger.

"They base their counsel ......not on their own wisdom but on Gods word"... Is this not a subtle way of telling the elders to stop voicing their own opinions

The WTS is more concerned that elders do not base their counsel on the directions of the WTS than the Bible. They feel that their directions have more weight and authority than the Bible.

A notable exception to the list of training aids - The Pay Attention Book for elders only.

Yes, I brought that point out too and made sure I put a link to that book in that paragraph.

Hi cathyk,

It was some time back when I was trying to fill in the holes in my WT library.

the "Watchtower Collectors' Corner,"

Legally, I don’t think they can change it on the flyleaf of the books. But it was surprising to see the change in the WT articles.

Hi BigPicture,

New poster, eh? Are you or were you a JW? I have 50 years of reading WT publications and attending meetings to base my statement on. The WTS focuses on "Jehovah" because they focus so much on OT examples and scriptures. The WTS used to focus more on Jesus back in the days when all of them had the heavenly hope, were of the anointed, the remnant of the 144,000, etc. They felt they were personally connected with Jesus as their Bridegroom and their future to "soon" rule in heaven with him. This closeness has been put on the back burner as the WTS has concentrated on the great crowd whose relationship with Christ can only be achieved through their association with the "faithful and discreet slave" found only in the WTS organization.

I do my review so people have access to what is studied each Sunday. As to the WT Study, conductors loved my comments, which were never long. I was even assigned to book studies where the commenting was not very lively. Even now when I meet JWs, they say "we miss your comments," and surprisingly they do mean it.

If the WT Review is not your cup of tea, there are many other threads on JWD that may be more to your liking. And you are probably right, out of 100 JWs, probably only 10 really study and comment. I noted for the year just before I stopped attending, that out of 5 elders, 5 elders wives, 6 regular pioneers, 3 MS, 3 MS wives, maybe 3 commented at the meeting. Considering that most articles average 20 paragraphs, and this being 22 people, there should have been more people participating.

Hate the WTS? I do love them less, than I love God and Jesus. (smile)

Hi merry, good observation. Just remember that the FDS teaches that we cannot get to Jesus and God unless we go through them. So that makes them more important, right?

Thanks everyone. I know how hard it is to read this stuff. Thanks for taking the time.

Blondie

• heathen
    heathen

Really big picture , where do you get off attacking blondie now . These articles by her are very informative and I bet you didn't even read the topic anyway and just decided to be rude . The WTBTS is very subtle and to be able to see through the facade it does take a critical mind with experience . I've sat through many meetings where nobody ever disagreed about anything and it's mainly because they are brainwashed not to question the authority of their leadership . Good dubbies just agree with everything because big momma doesn't like dissent . I agree with blondie , if you don't like it try and find something you do like and beat it .

blondie you were a good person for helping that woman out . Most of the dubs I've known are about worthless petty freaks . I do agree that the WTBTS spends more time trying to find old testament parallels than it does talking about jesus himself . Jesus did however say that people came to him only because the father brought them to him but there is no salvation aside from jesus . The WTBTS can't grant you amnesty just because you believe they are Gods channel of communication .

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Blondie,

remember that it is love that matters, of yourself and those around you

The best part of the whole post.

purps

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Ok, A Paduan, "let us discuss" refers to the elders saying that, not Blondie, eh? By the time the elders approach you with that statement, they have already discussed you with each other individually, the elder body as a whole, and some even their wives (and then the wives with the best friends). The decision has already been made.

I thought I should elaborate - my comment was really about their use of this term in their text - it's ridiculous - the "discussion" is them telling you, them picking certain questions that only some of you ask and telling you again, and them telling you what to say and think and do - the term "let us discuss" is frankly a little absurd.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And The_Big_Picture,

They don't give credit to Jesus, indeed because He does teach that which comes from God - whereas the wtbts teaches what they arrogantly imagine should come from God, even after it doesn't, obviously - I have no doubt that if Jesus was wrong about the stuff He said previously, He would be truthful and step down - not tighten up the reigns and reproclaim his "special status", and heighten the surveillance of those who might remember the "old stuff" and inform the "new ones".

• Flash
    Flash
    Hi, Flash, where ya been?

Hi Blondie!

I've been taking a 'mental health break.' Its both incredibly sad and shameful the constant and steady flow of 'walking wounded' the GB and their minions cause (Matt 9:36) ...But I'm glad your still fighting the good fight! When I do come by its to check out your WT Review.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit