another state to allow death penalty for child molesters

by candidlynuts 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ackack
    ackack

Scary time to live in America...

ackack

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

"Scary time to live in America..." exactly. The political polarization alone is nuts. Although, I suspect that there are alot more centrists and rational people out there but unfortunately the only people that have the media's ears are the extreme left and extreme right.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

I think this law has to do with a person raping children UNDER 11 years old. TWICE. I would have a hard time NOT slaying a person like that. The only thing that gives me pause with this law is that in might make a pedophile go on and kill their victim, where they might have otherwise let them keep breathing.

Crank,

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Any time the issue of sex comes up in America common sense goes right out the window! I saw on the news tonight that there are two teachers in texas (of course) facing up to 20 YEARS in prison for having sex with students... Get this though, THE STUDENTS WERE OVER 18! THEY WERE LEGALY ADUTLTS! The law in the stupid inane state of TX states that if a teacher and student have sex REGARDLESS of the age of the persons involved it's a felony! One of the students wasn't even in any of the teachers CLASSES! He just attended the school that she taught at!

This country has gone totally MAD! I'm serious! It's gone crazy!

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted

mkr32208

if a teacher and student have sex REGARDLESS of the age of the persons involved it's a felony
    I am a teacher in florida, We are told the same thing, this was thrown at us a lot in the ethics classes in college.
  • kwr
    kwr

This sentencing is only for people that have sex with children 11 years old or younger. As far as the statutory rape is concerned proceed with caution when dating someone less then twenty-five years old.

• kwr
    kwr

Just like the State can outlaw sex between a counselor/doctor and a patient they can outlaw sex between a student and teacher. It can lead to corruption in the class room. A teacher could require a student with a poor grade to have sex with them to get a better grade.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I saw on the news tonight that there are two teachers in texas (of course) facing up to 20 YEARS in prison for having sex with students... Get this though, THE STUDENTS WERE OVER 18! THEY WERE LEGALY ADUTLTS! The law in the stupid inane state of TX states that if a teacher and student have sex REGARDLESS of the age of the persons involved it's a felony! One of the students wasn't even in any of the teachers CLASSES! He just attended the school that she taught at!

Yeah one of those cases is not too far from where we live. I think it's a bad law, it was originally written for 17 and under, which is in line with existing Texas law (17 is the age of consent, but if there is more than 3 years between the two partners it is considered statutory rape; i.e. 17 and 13 would be illegal but 17 and 16 is fine).

Obviously this 25 year old teacher made a bad decision and she should probably lose her job for it. But I don't think she should do jail time or be considered a child molestor. The boy was 18, and is legally an adult.

• rassillon
    rassillon

I LIKE IT!!! The 80/20 Rule. I am one who is willing to accept the fact that some innocent people may die to kill a bunch of G*D DAMN filthy SOB's. I think laws should be a lot tougher than they are now. Too many damn weak ass babys crying about crap put the rest of law abiding people in danger by making it harder to punish wrong doers. You can hate me for how I feel but that is how I feel. -r of the "i am a hard ass" class...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit