EUREKA

by DesertRat 15 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Welcome Desertrat,

I understand the mixed feelings you must have had speaking of your feelings to your therapist.
    I had been in and out of hospital and counselling for about 12 years before I could commit an 'unforgivable sin' by talking about my life as a witness for the first time last December. Listening to others on this board made it so much easier because of knowing I was not alone. I just have to watch that I don't form too much of a needy connection here on JWD! It can be time consuming! Sometimes you just want to reply to everyone.

All the best,
    Pete

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

By the way I've just read your profile and it was very moving.

ADD, OCD, depression and Aspergers would be too much for any elder to bother with....more field service, more study , more prayer!!!

I've had a foot in one of your shoes.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Welcome to some sanity in your life...JWD is not the be all, end all of the JW experiance, but it will go a long way in helping you deal with having been one...glad you came...you won't be sorry you did...

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Welcome to the board DesertRat,

You've come to the right place. There are a lot of great and very intellegent people on this board who will give sound and reasonable advice.

Remember.........there is life after Watchtower and given each ones circumstances...........it can be a beautiful life at that.

HappyDad

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Thank you all again for those kind thoughts. They mean more to me than you will ever know.

Thanks, Honesty, for the tip about 'cognitive dissonance.' I too plan on researching that online (when I have the time!!!) & also bringing it up to my therapist on Wednesday.

Apostate Kate--hello to a fellow desert rat!!! I still remember driving through the Mojave Desert with my parents on our way to the summer conventions at Dodger Stadium (LA). At 11:00 pm it would still be over 100 degrees in Needles or Blythe. Once the Impala overheated & we missed over half of a Thursday program. About the only fun I ever had was going to Disneyland & Sea World after...

Juni in Wisconsin--we are pushing for 105 degrees today & 106 tomorrow. Very dry (often less than 10% humidity) so much more bearable than it may sound. Some of us 'desert sons' just have it in our blood--I have hiked before in 110-degree weather & was just fine (probably because I was carrying two gallons of water in my backpack..)

Thanks again to all of you for the encouragement & for permitting me to be a part of this wonderful site.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Welcome.

I've been where you are now. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Brit xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit