Do you know a guy named "BLOW?"

by free2beme 16 Replies latest jw friends

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Yeah, along the same lines as your story; I was in Philly walking down the street(18 years old) and was asked if I had a "MATCH"..... I answered, NO, but I got a "Lighter", and the person said, "No Thanks" and kept on walking....

I later was informed that the person was asking if I could "match" the price of the drug... I was so naive...

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well now I would say the Wt did a good job of keeping you from "blow" & a "match"

Thats one thing we can thank them for ( I think)

• free2beme
    free2beme

Truly, I do have a few things I can thank them for and the strict upbringing I went through, did not really hurt me that much.

• Purza
    Purza

Yeah, along the same lines as your story; I was in Philly walking down the street(18 years old) and was asked if I had a "MATCH"..... I answered, NO, but I got a "Lighter", and the person said, "No Thanks" and kept on walking....

I later was informed that the person was asking if I could "match" the price of the drug... I was so naive...

OMG I guess I am still naive. I would never know that -- how would you learn that if you aren't involved in drugs.

And free2beme -- I was waiting for the punchline that included the word "job". Guess my mind is in the gutter. LOL

Purza

• wednesday
    wednesday

I don't thank the WTS for my upbringing. I have church of christ neighbors who have lead similar lives. Really, down here in the Bile Belt, any church could have taught you those values, or really you could have gotten them by reading your bible.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Wednesday ! I stand corrected .Your right

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have found from my telling of this event, that people who know a guy named BLOW, have asked for him before. Since I have not, I think that is part of my ignorance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit