Scientology Sponsors NASCAR

by sixsixsixtynine 11 Replies latest social current

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Pure genius! Where else could you find so many morons, ready to be brainwashed?

Check out the Witness reference at the end. Too funny!

• luna2
    luna2

LMAO! That's funny.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    The Jehovah's Witnesses could not be reached for comment about any possible NASCAR sponsorship.

• luna2
    luna2

If the dubs did sponser a car, I wonder what it would look like? Hmmmm

• mariposa
    mariposa

I can see it now....no reference to Jehovah, Jesus, just a big WATCHTOWER across the hood. I can't think of what would a good racing witness graphic....maybe Jehovah's chariot racing to throw fireballs down at a track?

(Ya know...at all those drunken sinners leading that debaunched lifestyle)

• undercover
    undercover

Back in the day when Mighty Auto Parts was a boomin' business (and owned, at least partly, by JWs) they were approached about sponsering race cars by different levels of NASCAR. I don't know if they were ever asked to sponser at the Winston Cup (now Nextel Cup) level but I do know they were asked about sponsering some on the Busch series and some of the Winston Weekly series at small bull ring tracks. But, if I remember correctly, they were "discouraged" to do so by higher-ups who counseled them (and their independant distributors) that racing was a "dangerous sport" and a "christian" would not participate in the sport as a driver or otherwise, so why should they consider sponsering a race car.

• Gerard
    Gerard

The Raelians (Quebec, Canada) also sponsor a race car...driven by their cult leader, but it is not NASCAR.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

I liked this from the comments section:

The Jehovah's Witnesses' would never even consider making such a sponsorship! Besides, how successful could a Jehovah's Witnesses sponsorship be? It would be constantly stopping and leaving copies of the Watchtower with fans and concession stands and would never complete any laps!
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

If the dubs did sponser a car, I wonder what it would look like?

I'm not sure but I bet it would be a Buick.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Now that I tink about it, the hard core NASCAR fans should find the Scientology appealing.

Watching cars drive for hundreds of miles and only making left-hand turns does have a numbing effect on ones senses.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit