Do You "Believe" In The Bible At All?

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not convinced in anything anymore.

• south african beef
    south african beef

Depends what day it is!

Most days I think that the bible is just a collection of stories with some moral pointers.

Other days I believe that it maybe is Gods word because of the prophecies that have come true, but wait, I don't even believe in God any more!

Virtually all of the 'miracles' can be dispoven and things like the flood are so obviously exagerated.

As for the creation account - does anyone serioiusly believe it in the light of all the evidence around us in the form of the fossil record etc?

So no, I do not believe in the bible.

• under_believer
    under_believer

No. I think if it were God's word there would be more obvious proof of it. There wouldn't be any doubt. It wouldn't be this tricky game where God tests people's ability to believe in things with insufficient evidence and bases their salvation on that ability, even though he supposedly created them as rational beings.
    Minimus--In my opinion the ability to accept and be comfortable with not knowing all the answers is a mark of maturity. Congratulations.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes, but I believe that God influenced the men who wrote it to a degree, making sure they included the pertinent information we need to know, but not every coma and period was not edited by God himself.

I know as a writer myself, that I write from my own perspective on things and I believe that some of the bible is influenced by the writers themselves, their beliefs, and what was going on around them in their own personal lives and during the times they lived in. (religious beliefs of people, government influence, social influences, etc.)

I also believe that many of the things were written for a certain audience back then, and while some information is important and applies to all Christians through out time, we need to put it in its proper perspective and recognize to whom it was written and why.

I believe the bible contains a good basic history of man and rise and fall of nations and contains a lot of lessons told in stories, proverbs and parables that are very useful for everyone.

Most inportant information in it is about the coming of Jesus Christ again and the hope for all mankind for a better world in the future.

Lastly, I believe that it is not important to understand everything in the bible in order to believe it is God inspired or for it to have relevance in our lives and in our faith. Because love is more important than our head knowledge or understanding all scripture. And were we are lacking in understanding, love will cover us.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

I believe in the Generator Of Dreams....and Dreams dont always have to make sense (^_^)

the bible is just another of the many things that my Dream maker has sent my way.... and while some things seem true and others seem false, I am not really sure either term has any actual meaning in the end... as all my expeirences are what my Dream makers has given me to live....

do I believe the Bible represents anything real? no (^_^)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Not just no but HELL NO!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

(I believe the da vinci code is the word of god!)

• greendawn
    greendawn

I believe most of it is inspired but not all of it, however one's faith shouldn't be based entirely on a book.

• minimus
    minimus

Under_Believer, I must be very mature, then.

• bavman
    bavman

The Bible - NOT God's Word but Man's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit