What if we all showed up for Service this weekend?

by AK - Jeff 11 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I mean even the most rabid apostates in the land! We all show up and sit in the hall and wait to be assigned a cargroup.

Would that raise a hell of a ruckus or not? Of course the DF'd ones would not be assigned. And most of the more radid apostates would be told they could not go out. But if no elders were there, what would they do? What if those who had not been df'd insisted in being put in a cargroup - what would they do? OMG that would be so funny. It might create a serious panic. HEEHEE

I think it would scare them shitless! Now they would have to make sure there were clear instructions on how to handle such a case.

I laugh my arse off just thinking of it.

Thoughts?

Jeff

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hee, hee! Great idea!

Cost of petrol to attend KH: $2.00

Cost of dry cleaning former field service suit: $15.00

Look on collective face of former congregation: Priceless!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I think the po would be speechless. In fact, all the elders would be, they haven't been "trained " to deal with a situation like that. I think a phone call to the co or even London bethel would be made, and quickly. I somehow don't think we'd be given territory either.

It is amusing to think about doing it, but that's all I'll do, think about it.

• carla
    carla

Nevermind trying to go in service, follow them with anti litertature instead! Go in jeans and visit every house they do right after them. I went to my neighbors once right after the jw's came around and gave her a cease & desist letter (do not call) to send to Brooklyn. She sent it and other neighbors asked for a few too!

• luna2
    luna2

Sadly, I'm not bold enough to do something like this. Almost wish I was. LOL

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

That's not bad idea, Carla.

I thought of making up a little flyer that said;

Want to Stop those Pesky Jehovah's Witnesses from Calling at Your Home

It is Easy to do - From one who spent 40 years in the Cult

Next time they call just state to them clearly "I do not wish to be called upon by Jehovah's Witnesses any longer. Please note on your Do Not Call List my address. Place it in the territory card." Then ask them to do so while you are present. Tell them that if they call again, you will be contacting your lawyer.That's all it takes. If they follow thier own rules - they won't be back.

• unique1
    unique1

When I read this topic, I thought, wow it would be great if all people on this thread, chose a territory and flooded it with anti-JW stuff like the money for the memorial. We could do some good one hopes. The good thing is most people at the door don't freaking listen to JW's anyway.

• sir82
    sir82

This would not be so far-fetched to pull off, really.

If you pick a midweek morning to go out, when the chance of an elder being there is slim, and you go to a Hall where no one knows you, and you dress the part, and say "Oh, I'm visiting from Saskatoon, I'm here on business, but I have this morning off, so I thought I'd join your group", no one would bat an eye. If you appear to be a "brother", and there are only sisters in the meeting for service, they may even ask you to conduct & give the prayer!

What you actually do while "engaged in the ministry" is up to you.

• darcy
    darcy

Do it! Do it!

• lawrence
    lawrence

I'll be there! My hair is now down to the middle of my back, but so what, what would Jesus have done - preach! I have a few briefcases, flip flops, and a baseball cap - what else does a former pioneer need? I promise only to have a few drinks before we go out, but if a householder invites me in for rum runners, then I might not make it back to the car group. So what? "Send me!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit