Celebrated WT scholars? :)

by Augustin 184 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

yesidid

Serious scholars do not accept 607 or 587 but accept 586.

Celebrated WT scholars reject 586 and 587 as implausible dates based upon a faulty premise and accept the only possible date of 607.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

When did apostates have any interest in logic? For if they have then what then is their new 'true religion'? Or are they still stumbling in the dark?

Advocates of 586 rather than 587 which is the apostate favourite date prove that their whole methodology of determining the date for the Fall is faulty so such confusion indicates that the approach is incorrect. Contrariwise, WT scholars have no confusion as the adopted methodology is firmly based upon the infallible Word of God.

scholar JW

• ackack
    ackack

I'll show you my premise if you show me yours. I wonder which one is more sensible?

ackack

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Serious scholars do not accept 607 or 587 but accept 586.

So Roger Young, Donald Wiseman, John Applegate, and Kenneth Kitchen are not serious scholars?

• aniron
    aniron

If I ever want to remind myself of the stupidity of Watchtower teachings and the blindness of their followers.

Scholar JW is the best.

I've never come across a person who flounders around like a drowning man.

He acts like he has been caught with his "hand in the till" and is trying to come up with a good excuse why.

• scholar
    scholar

Leolaia

Correct!

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

aniron

Apostates typify more closely the image of a drowning man than I do but thanks for the compliment.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

'scholar' said:

When did [ad hominim-targeted pejoratively-termed individuals] have any interest in logic? For if they have then what then is their new 'true religion'? Or are they still stumbling in the dark?

Of course those questions are irrelevant.

'scholar' also dribbled:

Advocates of 586 rather than 587 which is the apostate favourite date prove that their whole methodology of determining the date for the Fall is faulty so such confusion indicates that the approach is incorrect. Contrariwise, WT scholars have no confusion as the adopted methodology is firmly based upon the infallible Word of God.

As usual, 'scholar's' 'reasoning' is completely flawed. It is analogous to the following faulty conclusion: "If 'Bill' was born in 1970, he may currently be either 35 or 36. Because there is ambiguity, then neither can be correct."

Scholar then tries to suggest that he is simply trusting in the bible, though it has been demonstrated repeatedly that the bible can be completely reconciled with the fall within a year of 587.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

ooops - saw title and thought it was an 'oxymoron' thread, apologies.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

LOL, pseudo-scholar, last month you were saying that Applegate was a leading commentator whose scholarship was "wise", "thoughtful", "refreshing", who "vindicates" your views on the 70 years. Now he is not even a "serious scholar"!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit