Did you ever find an abandoned animal?

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

I always seem to find birds.
    The first was when I was 5 and a baby bird just learning to fly found his way into my neighbour's apartment. He wouldn't let anyone near him and they were freaking out and screaming over the poor little thing. I walked in and he let me pick him up so I took him home! :-) I was thrilled, he really was too young to be on his on (we knew an orinthologist sp?) and he suggested I keep him for a few weeks and feed him until he could fly on his own. I was in heaven! I fed him bread soaked in milk and spent all my time with him. He would never let anyone else get too close. He finally figured out the flying thing and we set him free in the nearby meadow.
    Years later my mom tolfd me that for weeks afterward he would come back to the apartment and hop around the patio doors looking in while I was at school. Awwwww ~ he loved me!

Dams

• greendawn
    greendawn

I also found a group of abandoned kittens a couple of times and gave them food but there is nothing more I could do about it I had no place to take them to.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I always pick them up. We have a pidgeon I call CP for crippled pidgeon. He was nearly dead in the heat of the desert a few summers ago. I tried to reabilitate him but he just flops when he tries to fly. He lives in the yeard and is so pretty when the sun shines on him.

Last week I picked up a beautiful young mourning dove that had been injured. We tried to save her but she died. Dave burried her and made her a cross headstone. He drilled a hole in his finger making it. I told him I was just going to throw her over the fence. If I can't save them I let the hungry ravens eat them.

We don't have stray cats around here. The coyotes find them first. I always pick up stray dogs and find them a home or end up keeping them. We provide food, water and shelter for many wild critters here since we have encroached on their territory. Yesterday a family of newly hatched quail was out back. The babies are so adorable! Tiny little babies follow the parents around about ten of them.

A pack of coyotes made a kill last night out back....They make a lot of noise howling when they do. I hope it was not the quail family.

• Chloe
    Chloe

Yes, here are two of them. Bear was a 3 month old puppy I found along side of the road. I was going to take him to the animal shelter but he kept looking up at me with those brown eyes. He's now 11 years old and possibly the most ill-behaved dog in the world.

Little Girl dropped into my back yard (literally) as a tiny kitten. I have no idea where she came from but I took her in and she's now 14 years old.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When I was a kid I found a Parrot in my tree-house... I brought it in and kept it for a few weeks before discovering how much work they are to take care of. We brought it to a local pet shop and the owner was more than happy to take it off our hands for $200. A few days later I saw it on display for $600.

I also helped save a bunch of puppies from a storm drain that was about four feet deep. There were at least four or five of them. I couldn't reach them because of the grate cover so I made a little lasso using some kite string and lowered it down into the drain, looped them and pulled them out one at a time. We ended up giving them all away to friends and relatives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit