Make A Wish Trip to JW.ORG

by konceptual99 15 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS
    Wait a minute here! Why is this girl’s family so anxious to grant her this wish before she dies as though it’s a final wish forevermore? Don’t they believe in a resurrection when supposedly the girl would have an eternity to visit the Bethel headquarters and meet whatever ruling earthly representatives there will be then? It almost sounds to me like some desperate attempt to fulfill a girl’s very last wish before she is no longer among the earthly living. As, I’m sure, at her age she wouldn’t be of the 144,000 anointed heavenly class, then supposedly she wouldn’t be leaving this planet anytime and thus would get another chance for living on the earth again, for eternity (evidently)! So, why the rush to visit the New York Bethel – especially since anyone can simply just go there on their own anyway? It almost decries a bit of a lack of faith on the parents’ part – at least in the resurrection.
  • SAHS
    SAHS

“ToesUp”: I find it interesting that the JW organization has sold millions of dollars in Real Estate and is building their new resort in NY but cannot afford to send a family to Brooklyn on their dime (to see there own facility).”

That’s an excellent point, considering that the governing body members actually have a private jet at their disposal for their travelling! So, obviously, they could certainly afford to give an all-expenses-paid trip for this family – and let them really travel in style too! They could do that for many other families as well. And it would be quite fitting, considering that quite a number of such young children, especially those suffering from leukemia, are in the predicament of facing certain death like that in the first place due to the governing body’s own ridiculous and despicable ban on life-saving blood transfusions for young children and even babies! So, the very least those stiff-necked bastards could do is foot the bill for a dying little girl’s travel expenes, for Christ’s sake!

• Simon
    Simon

Which kid would have "visit bethel" as her dying wish? I mean c'mon - it just screams "boredom". Most people's choice would not be "I want to visit bether before I die" but instead "I'd rather die than visit bethel".

I'm sure there was a not inconsiderable amount of "wouldn't you like to visit bethel dear? yes? bethel? you'd like that right? yes? bethel? right? BETHEL? RIGHT?!" by her family.

Sounds more like an opportunity for the WTS to continue their publicity campaign of "we're just like other religions" and their continued attempt to become more mainstream.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

They keep on trying to have a normal conversation with them.....and those two continue to resist.

When they say, what did you get to do in New York......they just defer back to the studio for JWdotorg.

The guy on the far left seems like he knows the family.

....or is that just me.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Have only watched about half the video (will finish later), but have two comments now (not on the topic of the Make-a-Wish thing, but just some side observations).

1) My belief that young children will just believe whatever their parents tell them and expose them to has been reinforced. That little girl would be singing "Jesus loves me this I know..." if her parents were Baptists instead of JWs. Like any child her age, she is clueless. I believed in the tooth fairy at her age because my parents told me she existed. What children believe at that age is almost solely a reflection of what their parents believe and not indicative of any merit on the children's part.

2) It seems that JW young ones really like the org videos, associated characters, etc. It seems that these young ones really are being mentally conditioned by the org and that the org is really targeting them. Still, though, I believe most of them will leave the org when they get older and can start to think for themselves,

• rebel8
    rebel8

When she started singing, the vomit welled up in my throat. Poor deluded little girl. As if she doesn't have enough on her plate without being in a mind control cult.

Interesting intro re how great it is that they live in CA where there are such great hospitals and doctors to do the surgery. Maybe I missed a bloodless surgery plug because I turned it off too soon.

I wonder how many jws contribute to Make-A-Wish? Do they just take from it and not give?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit