Do Jehovah's Witnesses really practice charity and help the needy in war ravaged areas in third-world countries?

by JWCart 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

You all are commenting and don't let the FDS/GB?WT answer directly! What's going on with you people? Let the Watchtower answer these questions:

Question: Do Jehovah's Witnesses really practice charity and help the needy in war ravaged areas in third-world countries?

Watchtower: "When it comes to organized charity, though, we need to be cautious as we evaluate the many appeals we receive .There is a kind of giving that is even more important than charity. Jesus alluded to this when a rich young ruler asked what he had to do to get everlasting life. Jesus told him: "Go sell your belongings and give to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven, and come be my follower." (Matthew 19:16-22) Notice that Jesus did not just say, 'Give to the poor and you will get life.' Instead, he added, "Come be my follower." In other words, as commendable and beneficial as charitable acts are, Christian discipleship involves more. Jesus' chief interest was in helping others spiritually." - Watchtower 2003 June 1 p.7 Giving That Pleases God AND "If there is any material giving, to charities for instance, it is because there is need to salve a conscience, or because one's reputation is at stake." - Watchtower 1969 May 1 p.280

There-you-have-it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ pixel...

That was the longest, most roundabout, and most passive-agressive "no" that I've ever seen.

:)

• JWCart
    JWCart

Well I feel like a total idiot believing what my Pusher said, why do they feel the need to evade a honest question from a young man who looked like he was a professional, he was very well dressed and drove a nice car. The impetus to try to get them to avoid thinking about modern day Jehovah's Witness practices and hide all their proud historical Dynasty of clean doctrines they claim Jesus Christ picked because Christendom failed the test.

What did Jehovah's Witnesses do to merit Jesus Christ's recognition if their not practicing gifts of mercy, love among each other (as a JW Cart, I wish I had a video tape to show you all the evil I experienced by JWs hurting other JWs, they don't offer charity or love as you mentioned, thank you!

JWCart1914

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit