One law----To love our neighbor as ourself right? then.....

by sinamongurl 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    So, if the only law we need to follow is to show love to one another..... Doesnt that make all the other little "rules" void? or not necessarily void but "love" encompasses so many things that it would inevitably encompass some of these like, say the 10 commandments....(not saying that 10 commandments are little, just an example)....just saying that if u r showing love at all times u r not going to be jealous, full of rage, hating, etc, etc..... As long as a person is not hurting someone else, then it wouldnt matter if someone is gay, or has many sexual partners, so on and so on.....

I'm told I'm very gentle.

First, from a Christian standpoint, my understanding is that Jesus gave just2laws: (1) Love God; (2) Love your neighbor as you would yourself.

Still, your point is well taken. One thing that took me many years to understand completely, and that is ultimately we can only control ourselves, our reactions and our decisions. The guy who cuts you off in traffic, or the religious sect that did you wrong, etc., cannot be changed. What can be changed is how we feel and then react to that negative experience.

It has been my experience that, generally speaking, if one treats others as I would like to be treated, I usually receive it back. Not always, and yes I have been burned and hurt, but most of the time I receive more than I send out.

My personal opinion about homosexuality, heterosexuality and everything in between is that I choose to believe we all stand before a Power Greater than our own. That Power, being benevolent and kind, will deal with us on a personal level. In the meantime, we are better off, and advised so, to treat each other (irregardless of race, sexual orientation, etc.) with love and kindness. Much like we would want that Higher Power to treat us when the time comes.

Okay, sermon over.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl
    I'm told I'm very gentle.

Niiiiiiiice!!!!! and u are....hee hee

thanks for your response.....i am like-minded.....and sometimes there is more love in homosexual relationships than there is in hetero ones.....so no one can be the judge....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit