The December 31, 1924 Golden Age magazine

by cabasilas 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donny
    donny

I find it very amusing that 8 years after Russell died, Rutherford publishes a very lengthy article extolling the divine origin of the pyramid at Giza, only to do a 180 degree turn in a few years and declare it to be of Satans doing.

Donny

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It doesn't take much to get our ladies excited around here

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So the invention of radio is the fulfillment of prophecy in Job 38 ! .....Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs ! You learn something new every day..

• snowbird
    snowbird

Now, now, everybody.

The FDS was newly-appointed - about 5 or 6 years - so they were just getting into the swing of things.

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• Quandry
    Quandry

Very interesting find. Thanks for sharing. Yes, it should be mandatory reading for anyone before baptism...well, I guess it might be lost on the 7 or 8 year olds they are currently dunking, but an adult MIGHT connect the dots.

I can't cut and paste any of it but the table of contents is sufficient to prove that the WTS taught that the PRESENCE of Christ began in 1874-not 1914.

Boy, oh boy, this magazine is chock full of goodies, such as Napoleon fulfilling scriptures, ice caps on Mars, and of course that the pyramid in Egypt proves the year 1914 is important in Bible chronology. It also mentions that 1925 is important but I don't think it elaborates.

• yknot
    yknot
    The FDS was newly-appointed - about 5 or 6 years - so they were just getting into the swing of things.

Actually the FDS was still Russell.....

Didn't turn into a 'class' until 1927 (you know the recycled 2008 understanding)

GB 2.0 will be the first body to discern the need for forsight of long-term corporate survival beyond it's current youngest member.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Actually the FDS was still Russell...

Oops!

I forgot about the "prophecy not understood until its fulfillment" thingy.

Thanks, Yknot.

Syl

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I forgot about the "prophecy not understood until its fulfillment" thingy.

Isn't that just doublespeak for "we're making it up as we go along"?

• snowbird
    snowbird

You know it, Primate.

This stuff is so surreal.

Syl

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Bump for the newbies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit