Strange spouse behavior

by mavie 19 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

The past few weeks have been interesting.

We haven't gone to meeting in 2 weeks. I simply haven't prepared to go. My wife hasn't made any effort to either. She seems content to stay at home to relax and enjoy life.

I thought she would be going to every meeting after I raised some doubts I was having about the org with her.

What is going on? Am I being tested by her?

I don't understand women.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Are you complaining?

-Aude.

• juni
    juni
    I don't understand women.

What man does???? We are so complex. Just go w/the flow and she'll open up eventually. TRUST ME!! In the meantime, enjoy being able to relax and not running here and there. Also, don't push questions on her; she's probably considering a lot of things and how she feels about it. Patience is a real virtue.

Juni

• loosie
    loosie

It was a relief when my hubby didn't want to go. I could always claim I had to stay hoem to take care of him or something.

that way I didn't have to put on pantyhose and fall asleep in a hard chair for two hours

• mavie
    mavie
    she's probably considering a lot of things and how she feels about it

Exactly what I don't understand. I know this is a topic covered often, but she makes decisions based on relationships and how she intuitively feels about the matter, irregardless of, sometimes in spite of, facts and logic which would make someone like me decide differently.

Anyways, I haven't asked her why she isn't going. Haven't even talked about the Bible or anything else remotely spiritual over the past few weeks. I'm getting a little freaked out as this is out of her character.

Everything else is pretty much the same though.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Anyways, I haven't asked her why she isn't going. Haven't even talked about the Bible or anything else remotely spiritual over the past few weeks. I'm getting a little freaked out as this is out of her character.

It's good that you haven't! I got like this before I stopped going for good. Any questions of why I wasn't going to the hall or having a study just made me feel guilty and more confused. Maybe.....she's deciding whether or not to ever go back?

• juni
    juni

Hi again Mavie -

Women feel things out. Consider carefully before they leap in. It's just our nature for the most part.

While men are very logical and less emotional. Again, their nature.

Men and women don't think alike when making decisions. (I'll probably get some flak about that statement.)

Like I said, give her time and be patient. Keep us posted if you'd like.

Juni

• greendawn
    greendawn

It may be that she also realised the WTS is a scum either before or after you told her and so lost all motivation for meetings.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    We haven't gone to meeting in 2 weeks. I simply haven't prepared to go. My wife hasn't made any effort to either. She seems content to stay at home to relax and enjoy life.

Don't ask...just enjoy the moment....

• mavie
    mavie

Update...

Still don't know why she has stayed away, but she told me she feels like crap, guilty, for not going today.

Ahhhhhhhhh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit