Can anyone help me out?

by Periodic Bedlam 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Periodic Bedlam
    Periodic Bedlam

Hi All,

I heard back from ajwrb and got a copy of the card from Great Britain. However, this is the card that was in the chart of the patient I did pre-op on for surgery. It was in Florida and she was part of a local congregation and all of her contacts on the card were from the local congregation. It makes me wonder if this card is now being used in the USA since January 2006??? Next time I see this in the chart I will pay more attention and look to see where it was printed. If it is not being used here as of this year, then perhaps she got a copy of the card from someone in Britain.

I have a copy of the card if anyone has not seen it (but it sounds like most of you have) and am trying to upload it here but am not sure if it is showing as attached.

Thanks to all who have responded. I appreciate your help.

PB

• Periodic Bedlam
    Periodic Bedlam

Just a thought..... perhaps those commenting on the blood card's violation of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) may want to explain why this is the case to the many individuals reading posts on this site who may not be familiar with the privacy laws of the health care industry.

PB

• Scully
    Scully

It would be great if you could post a scan that has a bit bigger resolution. I can make out the part about granting permission to members of the Hospital Liaison Committee to view medical documents, but just barely. Top of the card: 6. I consent to my medical records and the details of my condition being shared with the Emergency Contact below and/or with member(s) of the Hospital Liaison Committee for Jehovah's Witnesses. 7. ___________________________ _______________________________ Signature Date ____________________________________________________________ Witness 8. STATEMENT OF WITNESSES: The person who signed this document did so in my presence. He or she appears to be of sound mind and free from duress, threat or undue influence. I am 18 years of age or older.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit