The Single Most Dangerous JW Meeting....in my opinion!

by enlightenedcynic 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Here Mary use this: the technocolur bucket

alt

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    So our purpose is not to eulogize or extol creatures, but to consider their example as one to be imitated.

Thats so true - same reasoning used as to why we dont celebrate birthdays - so as not to call undue attention to the individual.

People are just anonymous parts of the machine - dont celebrate their birthday, dont honour their death, dont have any personal live inbetween. For good reason we call them the BORG.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's not only the Witnesses though, I went to a funeral of a Baptist preacher's daughter (blood disease) and the preacher did the funeral, and at the end did an altar call for those unsaved, so they could be saved, and experience heaven like his dead daughter. The ancients mourned collectively for a month and the tribe healed. These modern day vicious religious beasts just go on in the service of their false gods.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

The last funeral I attended that was conducted by a witness (and last I ever WILL) wasn't even for a witness! It was for the mother of a witness who was very very opposed! Her only family became a brother and he and I worked together for a while so when she died I went to the funeral.... It was SICKENING! The MS who conducted it went on and on about how she would be resurrected now and how she was in jehogie's memory and on and on it literally made me NAUSEOUS! This woman had HATED the witnesses she would gleefully have shot every single one! She made Danny look like a JW sympathizer!

Here they are playing kingdom songs and trying to convert her few friends during the funeral! People actually got up and LEFT during the short service! One woman flipped the MS the bird on the way out! It was UNREAL!

I had completely forgotten about this until I read this thread! WOW unbelievable! I'll never go to another funeral even presided over by some jack ass JW! I sure as hell don't want one doing the eulogy! I'm going to put it in my will right now!

• Gill
    Gill

If we don't value the individual, be it ourself, or another person, then there is no love. That probably explains why the JWs and by the sounds of it, other cults, are so cold, heartless and controlling. The individual is the building block of a society. If it isn't nurtured, then it isn't strong and the society it exists in is heartless.

• magoo
    magoo

........imho.........using someones death as an opportunity to "sale" a religion is the ultimate insult to the life of the deceased.

magoo

• Mary
    Mary

LOL @ the bucket provided by u/b.........I'll save it for when I attend the ASSembly next week and I can hear all about everyone here making fun of the GB.......isn't that bucket the same trough that the GB dispenses their Foooood from?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    True, as Mark Anthony said in his famed funeral oration: "I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him." So our purpose is not to eulogize or extol creatures, but to consider their example as one to be imitated. ...

Actually, Mark Anthony never said any such thing. Shakespeare put the words into his mouth in a fictional play.

Anal-Retentive Tom

• greendawn
    greendawn

They want to preach to the non JWs yet this is all mythology about paradise earth and that those abiding with the WTS commands will be resurrected to eternal life, the WTS doesn't have God's favour neither do those obeying its instructions.

People attending funerals should be spared this mythology.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Something spiritual & demon free for Mary to read at the assemby: alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit