by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Although we are in 2006, often I think we are in 1996. I'm 10 years off.

My mom showed me something that she bought, and she wrote the date on the box. I looked at it and it was written January 1995. I told my mom, it's only 1 year old. She looked at me funny and I really thought that it was only 1 year old. It took many minutes for me to realize that 1995 was 11 years ago, not 1 year ago. Sometimes my mind thinks that we are still in the mid to late 1990's.

Either I refuse to relize that I'm getting older and I hold back the years, or I'm nuts.....

• Balsam
    Balsam

Ouch that had to hurt, especially when your Mom looked at you like you were a brick shy of a full load. I'm 55 and I swear I forget more than I remember and that scares the heck out of me when people remind me of something I've forgotten.

Sounds like you need a good rest and get caught up on the last 11 years of your life. LOL

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I hear you man. Im still in 1991 when I gradgiated high skool

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I am exactly like you. I have been having this problem ever since the year 2000. I still think of 1999 as "just the other year", "just a few years ago". Time is just going by too fast, I hardly feel like I'm spending much time within a year. Sheesh, it's June already.

• merfi
    merfi

Well, trippin down memory lane to 1996.... I had a 3 year old and a fresh 2 month old. We had the CBS in our house. I think I remember studying pretty good at that time -- trying, really trying to be that spiritual type. Three years later I'd stumble on the ajwrb site... seeds planted. 7 years later, DA -- free at last.

Sometimes I wish I could go back and do it all over again with what I know now...

~merfi

• juni
    juni

You are approaching 50 JH and as Balsam said your memory gets worse.

IP_ SEC - You're still "young". Maybe your brain is fried - too much wacky-weed? You shouldn't have posted the cigar pic. It's not socially acceptable anymore, don't ya know? That fact irks me so bad. Next the Twinkie eaters will be cursed.

Juni

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

yikes, you make me feel O-L-D.

I graduated HS in '96. Since then, I've:

- got my BS/MS in Computer Science (4 years -- most people take 6)

-now am preparing for my thesis proposal for my doctorate. (3rd year -- could graduate in 1 more year).

I've been in school 7 of the last 10 years (spent 3 years working in between).

Sometimes I feel life is a tad compressed...

• JH
    JH
    You are approaching 50 JH and as Balsam said your memory gets worse.

I think that I'm rather putting the brakes on time. Time goes by too fast, and I'm holding it back, because I rufuse to get older.....

• TMS
    TMS

When writing a handwritten, dated letter, I've found myself writing 1968 as the year. I must have done a lot of letter writing that year to make my pioneer hours.

tms

• magoo
    magoo

...jh.....your still young man. if we didn't have to pay bills,celebrate "pagan" holidays,we wouldn't even need to know or care what year or month it was!

when you get my age.....the years seem as months......but i refuse to think i'm old....'cause i still feel young, act young & think young. don't be "skeered" of the years that pass by.....enjoy life to the fullest, each & every day!

magoo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit