Let cut JWs some slack on Christ's status. They might be right.

by Spectrum 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

I'm thinking it was just his flesh that counted as the ransom for mankind . His blood was the blood of the new covenant . He was kinda a hybrid , when he died he became the perpetual sacrifice for sin and the mosaic system was ended . People still have to be born again to attain salvation and walk a path of righteous to be counted worthy . Just because jesus died does not mean people get a free pass to paradise . There are scriptures that show that people would have to prove their faith up until their death by the hands of jesus enemies . It just shows that those in the blood covenant are asked more of than those that aren't .The great crowd is not portrayed as being martyred .

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    heathen: ...people would have to prove their faith...

I agree, but the one to whom they have to prove it is to the judge. Jesus.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• heathen
    heathen
    I agree, but the one to whom they have to prove it is to the judge. Jesus.

That was the point . I have nothing to prove to anybody other than jesus .

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    heathen: That was the point.

I thought so, but I wanted to make sure it got stated for the sake of those who might read who still believe their faith has to be proven to a body of elders, the gossipy pioneer sister who frequently references the Insight book in her comments, or to their spouse. I figured we were on the same page with it, just wanted to make sure it got stated.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit