Celebrated Apostates

by Nathan Natas 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I recently found a listing of prominent apostates from the adventures of the WTB&TS during the 20th century.

Here's the list: Moyle, Fogh, Goodrich, Hemery, and Schnell.

I know a little about each of these men, with the exception of Fogh, whom I'll admit I have never heard of before.

Can anyone shed some light on him? What was his full name? What was his particular "heresy"?

Being as I am -- an arch anti-theocrat -- I find value in exalting and praising, yes, "worshipping" creatures! It is my opinion that most of these men were not the craven dissolutes that the WTS would like you to think they were - Oh, no, for the "craven dissolute" was the second President of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society himself.

These men have nearly had all trace of themselves blotted from history.

But WE have the power to bring them back.

WE, the "unclean," can speak their names, and recall their deeds, and celebrate them, for they are part of our tribe.

• under_believer
    under_believer

What is the source of this list? I'm intrigued. Where can I find more info?

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

don't forget all those equally ungodly apostates from the first century too, you know, jesus, paul, peter etc etc etc.

• VM44
    VM44

Also add Walter Salter to the Watchtower list of top Apostates.

Actually, it is more a list of those who spoke out because they couldn't stand Rutherford anymore!

I am completely in the fog as to who Fogh was.

--VM44

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That list seriously needs updated

• blondie
    blondie

Ray Franz

Ed Dunlap

the board of BRCI (www.brci.org)

Kent Steinhaug

Jan Haugland

Norm Hovland

Alan Feuerbacher

Barbara and Joe Anderson

Bill Bowen

Randy Watters

Barbara Grizzutti-Harrison (her book was the first 'apostate' book I read secretly at the library while still a "good" JW)

The Pandelo family

Honorary Apostates Kimberlee Norris and Greg Love (http://www.lovenorrisattorneys.com/contact.html)

And many more that my mind cannot bring to the surface at 6 a.m.

Blondie

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

How about Joan Cetnar and her late husband Bill?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Moyle, Fogh, Goodrich, Hemery, and Schnell

I have only heard of Moyle and Schnell. Seems they did a good job of burying the others.

Got any info on them to share?

• Walter Salter
    • Ray Franz
    • Ed Dunlap
    • the board of BRCI (www.brci.org)
    • Kent Steinhaug
    • Jan Haugland
    • Norm Hovland
    • Alan Feuerbacher
    • Barbara and Joe Anderson
    • Bill Bowen
    • Randy Watters
    • Barbara Grizzutti-Harrison
    • The Pandelo family
    • Honorary Apostates Kimberlee Norris and Greg Love (http://www.lovenorrisattorneys.com/contact.html)
    • Joan Cetnar and her late husband Bill

A few others I would add

• Jan Groenveld
    • Leonard Chretin
    • James Penton
    • Jerry Bergman
    • Carl Olof Jonsson
    • Heather and Gary Botting
    • Jean Eason (author of A Jehovah's Witness finds the Truth)
    • Diane Wilson (author of Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness)
    • Quotes
    • Elsewhere/David Gladden

I know there are other even more

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

My sincere thanks to all who have participated so far! My original list was not intended to be a complete one, but it did serve to start the ball rolling, and I am very pleased to see how quickly the list has grown.

A bit later I will post a very brief biographical sketch of those on my original list - I am still, like VM44, "in the fog" about Fogh. If anyone wants to do something similar for others on our list of "GREAT APOSTATES OF THE 2OTH AND 21ST CENTURIES" I think it might be a nice resource, and a way that we can "worship" men and women of conscience and courage, especially those who are no longer living.

It isn't my purpose to suggest that any one of these individuals were perfect. No human being is. I don't think it is inconsistent for me to admire, for example, the Bible Students of Nazi Germany for their courageous stand, or the JWs in the US who stood up to mind-boggling persecution. I also admire these apostates for their defiance of the authoritarian pseudo-theocrats in the Watchtower.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The Cetnars are biggies indeed. How about the original apostates? Rose Ball and her husband E. C. Henninges, and M. L. McPhail. Tho they split over doctrinal issues, the main issue was Russell's new claim that Jesus is not the mediator for the Church and that the real mediator is the Church itself (Head + body) for everyone else. Sound familiar?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit