SECTRET DOCUMENTS: Talk Outlines for 2006 District Convention

by Elsewhere 24 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Why is each talk 19 minutes? Why not 20 min?

• Scully
    Scully

Jehovah is both willing and able to deliver us from our distresses (1Sa 26:24; Ps 25:17; 46:l; 54:7)

How does he do that?

He may maneuver matters to remove our adversity

He may give us the strength to endure the adversity

Or not.

It is imperative that we approach Jehovah in prayer concerning whatever distress we may be experiencing

Why? So we can be told to Wait On Jehovah™ instead of doing something ourselves to cope with or alleviate our distress?

Prayer helps us to keep our mental balance so that our affliction does not overwhelm us

Prayer keeps people in a state of mental helplessness, thinking that they can't do anything themselves to correct their situation, and have to rely on a genie in a bottle God to fix things for them.

"The peace of God" can stabilize us when we are burdened with distressing emotions (Php 4:6, 7; w97 4/15 6)

For how long? How long should one Wait On Jehovah™ before going to the doctor and asking for medication to help you stabilize distressing emotions that burden them?

Will prayer change the outcome of your affliction? It may

Or may not. It depends on God's mood that day, I guess. Maybe God needs Prozac too. Here is a riddle that I found on the Positive Atheism website... it sure makes you wonder about God.

The Riddle of Epicurus
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
  • blondie
    blondie

Why is each talk 19 minutes? Why not 20 min? To allow time for the transfer of speakers and their getting off the podium, maybe.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i dont wanna hear the talk!!! why would i want to read it??? ha ha

the infamous one

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I like this quote from the Manual:

Parking Tickets
    If so advised by the Society, the convention will make parking tickets available to the publishers
    through the congregations for a specific contribution. The Accounts Department will
    prepare and send an order form to each congregation to use when ordering parking tickets.
    The congregations will take orders, collect the money, and send a congregation check to
    the convention to cover the order. The congregations should be instructed to send their
    check to the convention headquarters address shown on the order form. Any convention
    letter should use the word "contribution" when referring to the amount for each parking
    ticket. Since parking tickets are available for a specific contribution, they should be secured
    as if they were money.

Contributions for Surplus Items
    There is no charge for literature or other items at conventions. Flowers, carpet, pools, lumber,
    and other surplus items may be liquidated for suggested contributions by marking
    them accordingly. While we are not selling them, the contributions should be placed in a
    nearby contribution box for that purpose. Conventions are not legally obligated to let persons
    take these items unless the suggested contribution is made. When such surplus items
    are liquidated, the total amount of the contributions received should be recorded in the
    "Other" column on the Receipts page (CO(d)-56a) with a notation identifying the item(s)
    in the "Transaction" column.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

i liked the little comment or warning that the speaker should be prepared to be summoned to the back office afterward for some upbuilding counsel (or something like that) Just what you need to give you confidence!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Contributions for Surplus Items

There is no charge for literature or other items at conventions. Flowers, carpet, pools, lumber,

and other surplus items may be liquidated for suggested contributions by marking

them accordingly. While we are not selling them, the contributions should be placed in a

nearby contribution box for that purpose. Conventions are not legally obligated to let persons

take these items unless the suggested contribution is made. When such surplus items

are liquidated, the total amount of the contributions received should be recorded in the

"Other" column on the Receipts page (CO(d)-56a) with a notation identifying the item(s)

in the "Transaction" column.

What a racket! I wonder if this is legal.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Conventions are not legally obligated to let persons take these items unless the suggested contribution is made. When such surplus items
    are liquidated, the total amount of the contributions received should be recorded in the "Other" column on the Receipts page (CO(d)-56a) with a notation identifying the item(s) in the "Transaction" column.

This does not sound like a contribution. Sounds more like a "sale of excess merchandise." I wonder if the buyer has to contribute a required amount for sales tax collection?

• Scully
    Scully
    While we are not selling them, the contributions should be placed in a nearby contribution box for that purpose. Conventions are not legally obligated to let persons take these items unless the suggested contribution is made.

It sure as hell sounds like they are selling them!
    It would be an interesting exercise to try to purchase obtain one of these items just to see what the Suggested Contribution™ is and compare it to what stores are charging for the same merchandise. I mean, if we're talking about used goods, and they want back to get what they originally paid for the merchandise in the form of a Contribution™ or if there's a mark-up of any kind on the items, it would make for an "interesting" story. I highly doubt that any of these items are "not sold" for less than what the WTS paid for them.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

The congregations should be instructed to send their

check to the convention headquarters address shown on the order form. Any convention

letter should use the word "contribution" when referring to the amount for each parking

ticket. Since parking tickets are available for a specific contribution, they should be secured

as if they were money.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. I guess little changed from the Tacoma Dome incident... :-)

-silent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit