Shave heads?

by dothemath 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

Just a few weeks before the District Convention, there was a brother playing a major part in the drama who decided to shave his head.........(there wasn't a lot there anyway) (this happened 3 or 4 years ago somewhere in Canada)

As a result, he was told he could no longer be in the drama...........and someone else had to step in on rather short notice.

It seems they still equate everyone with a shaved head as some kind of a "skinhead", belonging to a gang or something.

Is this how it's views elsewhere?

• Severus
    Severus

I have not seen shaved heads on the platform. However I do notice some shaved heads in the crowd amongst the assemblies. That is new.

It is the style to wear if you are JW "fringe".

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

my parents would'a been happy if I just shaved my head....

• Panda
    Panda

Okay so what are they telling bald brothers? You can't have a part because you're bald? This is just another STUPID instance of the ignorant assholes in charge of accepting bribes for assembly parts.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, shaved heads are equated with gangs. But I did notice that some black brothers were allowed to shave their heads in the summer...what a BS explanation that was. I know of several sisters who had chemo, lost all their hair and were told they had to wear a scarf but not a hat if they wanted to be on the platform. One brother who had chemo had to "prove" it to the elders that he was sick and still was not used because it would cause too many questions.

It seems that you have to shave your chin but not the top of your head.

Blondie

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

This is pretty common. A brother in my circuit has a shaved head, he is balding and prefers no hair to some hair. He was assigned a part on a special day assembly. At the elders/MS meeting during a circuit assembly the C.O. or D.O. told him he a had to grow his hair or they would give the part to someone else. He told them to give it away because he wasn't growing his hair back. This is a particular sore spot with me. I can't understand why the brothers in charge feel it necessary to try and control everything the r&f do especially personal decisions like the way you look, how much hair you have, how long your sideburns are, if you have a beard or not.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

That's too funny, Lost-light! I bet they're just shocked at the new generation of Dubs who say, "Fine, give the stinkin' part away, then!" Luv it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit