Your personality is IN your Blood!

by gumby 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Did you guys know that? Yes-sir -e folks....says right here in Jehovahs word...the Watchtower.

"Using Life in Harmony with the Will of God"

(Watchtower 9/15/1961, pages 564)

• "The blood in any person is in reality the person himself. It contains all the peculiarities of the individual from whence it comes. This includes hereditary taints, disease susceptibilities, poisons due to personal living, eating and drinking habits. . . . The poisons that produce the impulse to commit suicide, murder, or steal are in the blood."

• Damn, I knew I shouldn't have gotten a transfusion from Charles Manson!

• luna2
    luna2

Kind of like a bad scfi/horror flick, huh? Transfusion...the story of a kindly old grocer who receives blood from an axe murder and goes on a mad rampage in the produce section!

Man, those dubs are sure smart! Jehover really keeps them supplied with all the most accurate info.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Were they on crack?!

Dams

• gumby
    gumby

Here's another quote from a doctor they used in the same magazine,

And Dr. Américo Valério, Brazilian doctor and surgeon for over forty years, agrees. "Moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression, inferiority complexes, petty crimes-these often follow in the wake of blood transfusion," he says.

Yet it is acknowledged in the public press that organizations whose blood supply is considered reliable obtain blood for transfusion from criminals who are known to have such characteristics. Certainly no one who is trying to depart from the works of the flesh and use his life in the way that God directs through his Word is going to lay himself open to such a ruinous future.-Rom. 12:2; Eph. 4:22-24.

Gumbloodsucker

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Least you're safe Gum-bastard! You ain't got no personality no how!

Pope

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Oh my goodness they actually printed this crap? I am shocked. How stupid!

• luna2
    luna2

They are seriously their own worst enemy....and so much of their garbage is published for future generations to marvel at. Although, they've been getting more saavy in recent years and pretty much don't say anything without several hedges and disclaimers so that you can't nail them as easily any more.

• rekless
    rekless

they also stated that since the heart is the seat of motovation that if you received a heart transplant you could actually start acting like the donor. If the donor was immorale the recepiant could take on the donors traits.

Oh well

dan

• under_believer
    under_believer

This is one of the things that originally made me question the blood doctrine. Not this specifically, but the obvious propoganda. If God actually forbids blood there in Acts, and if they feel that's doctrinally sound, why do they need all the extra stuff about blood they're always throwing out? Why call into question the healthiness of it? Why slander the "corporate blood distribution industry?" Why make up a bunch of obvious pseudoscience? Why keep harping on the risks?
    Shouldn't "God has put it off limits, it's sacred" be enough? It's enough for Jewish dietary restrictions, always has been.
    I think the reason they do this is that they know it's really shaky, doctrinally, it's a stretch as far as interpretations go, and so they feel the need to put out extra points either to help explain why God did it (BS, it was symbolic for the Jews, not for health reasons) or to give people a little extra incentive to avoid it. Not only does God forbid it and it's sacred, but ALSO.... it's dangerous! And supports corporate fat cats! And might turn you into an evil criminal!

• moanzy
    moanzy

Perhaps the org could recomend blood transfusions to help "put on the new personality". Some of them could use a good ole transfusion.

This might be the answer!!!!

Moanzy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit