Fact Check on Study Books, Please

by JW_Researcher 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Could someone please verify the following are the books JWs were encouraged to use for new "Bible Studies"?

I understand that there might have been some deviation (for example if a study couldn't read), but by and large, these were the first books. I may be missing one?

1) Truth Book (1968 - 1982)

2) Live Forever Book (1982-2005)

3) Bible Teach Book (2005-present)

Please and thank you.

JWR

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello..

I now we also used the Knowledge book. That replaced the Live Forever book.

L.L.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Knowledge that leads to everlasting life replaced the live forever book. It was released in 1995.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The Live Forever book was replaced in 1995 by the Knowlege that leads to everlasting life book. Which was replaced in 2005 with the new book you have mentioned.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Thank you for correcting me.

Been out for a bit. :-)

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

........ And prior to your list:

1950 -1968 "This Means Everlasting Life"

1946 -1950 "Let God be True" [In 1952 it was discovered that God was NOT found to be true so

a revised edition of this book was published. It shared

a position of learners textbook with the above when in 1960 the EL

took over till 1968]

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Before 1946 they studied the Revised version of Studies in the Scriptures.

Before that, the first version of Studies in the Scriptures.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS also had students studying the old Worship book as a second book and the Require brochure as well before baptism (or after baptism...time could still be counted too).

Blondie

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Yes, that's right. Second study publication at one time could be any 192-page book. Then they came out with United In Worship of the Only True God. This became the required second study publication (unless the conductor strongly felt another pub would serve better). Now they have Worship the Only True God as the second study pub.

Interestingly, the Bible Teach book does not contain any reference to the Faithful and Discreet Slave. Worship God waits until chapter 10 to spring this beauty of a false doctrine, and waits until chapter 14 to explain it. The student would typically be baptized before ever learning that they have signed over their conscience to a group of strangers that then Governing Body doesn't even know how to clearly identify (as individuals).

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Does anyone know if the Rutherford opus "Harp of God" played any part in the recruitment program of inductees? It appears to be formatted to doctrinal induction somewhat in the form of "Let God be True", so I was wondering.....

.Like all his subsequent efforts, JFR found that the spirit guides [ie Johnnie Walker et al] who helped him in his theology got things a bit mixed up. HOG went through 4 seperate editions before either through embarrasment or design, the WTS wisely allowed it to go out of print

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit