Disturbing news

by fullofdoubtnow 5 Replies latest social current

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I was watching the news earlier this evening, and there was a very disturbing report about how school kids are goading each other into starting fights in the playground, then filming the fights on their mobile phone. The film is then uploaded on to an internet fight site, and viewers are invited to rate the fights for level of violence. The main site is hosted from California, or so the report said, but others are feared to be springing up around the world. Naturally, the authorities are very concerned about what appears to be a rapidly - growing trend, and so am I. I haven't viewed any of the sites, nor do I intend to, but I see this a s a very worrying trend, and one that needs to be stopped as soon as possible. At the moment the fights are punching and kicking, but many schoolchildren these days are reported to be carrying knives in school, so it's not hard to see them being used at some point, which could lead to deaths.

Did anyone else see this?

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

I haven't seen that yet... But I have seen advertizements for, "Bum Fights"... they pay Homeless people to fight while someone films... I've never watched the DVD's

• Warlock
    Warlock

full,

I have seen some on the internet. The site(s) are too brutal. I won't go back, that's for sure.

By the way, thanks for the welcome.

Warlock

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are some very strange things going on in the world, and when kids that should be in an innocent age get involved that is very worryng. Some could get maimed for life.

• juni
    juni

It's all over the world. So many kids are snotty today, disrespectful, mouthy, and violent. I grew up in the ' 50s as a kid and then a teen in the wild 60's. Even during the turbulent 60's it was nothing like today. Smoking in school bathroom was the worse thing and there were fist fights w/some of the guys. Very few kids were overweight.

It's sad that parents don't monitor their kids better. I'm so happy my kids are adults now. And I don't envy their job as parents of their kids one bit. So far, the kids are good.

Juni

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

It sounds like the typical 'sky-is-falling' stories the media love to run during sweeps(May and November). Like the ones a couple years ago about the kids wearing the charm bracelets that indicated they were looking for sex, and what kind. Sure....

One TV station here had an alarming story on the dangers of nerf-gun fights.

And of course, since most parents have zero interaction with their kids these days, they have no idea whether they should believe these stories or not.

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit