Advice from the guys, please

by Emma 16 Replies latest social family

• Genesis
    Genesis

Bodybuilding is very great ! Ive done boxing and bodybulding and most enjoyed the first. Dont believe the myths that people bodybuild to become like Arnold Shwartzburger (lol). Bodybuilding help you stay healthy, increase self-esteem and appearance (im sure your son will like girls looking at his muscles ;), give more strenght and teach goals settings.

Joff of the "I like my chest" class

• Emma
    Emma

Wow; thanks for your interest and input everyone! Some great suggestions. It's sad that even his pediatrician didn't have any recommendations.

Confession, thanks for the book suggestion and the Krav Maga link. Nos, an entire program, thank you! Jeff, I appreciate the link. Murfi, thanks for your suggestion.

I will follow up on all this and see what sounds good to him.

Emma

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    It's sad that even his pediatrician didn't have any recommendations.

Doesn't surprise me. How many doctors are healthy non-smokers?

Not many.

• Emma
    Emma
    Doesn't surprise me.

I shouldn't have been surprised, either, though this guy really takes time and seems to care. Doctor's don't get much education in diet and fitness. He sent us to the American Diabetic website and the American Heart Association website, but not one recomendation for teens.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Emma,

Tell him to stay away from McDonnys

Dismembered

• greendawn
    greendawn

If he intends to diet to lose weight he should avoid very strict diets to lose weight very quickly or strange restrictive diets that rely on very few food types. Better eat a little of everything and lose weight slowly but steadily.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Health and weight loss needs to be a habit not a fad. For that reason diets dont work. It always comes down to two things

Food
    Excercise

He needs to be conscious to eat less and more unprocessed healthy food.
    Find any sport or activity he enjoys so that he sticks to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit