Dad tries to comfort me with the Resurrection hope

by LyinEyes 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I really appreciate the replies to my post. I have been under a bit a stress lately and until 3 am forgot that I even posted. I am trying to relax, turn the endless tv channel surfing off , stop reading and let my mind think . Usually when I do that , things come to my mind that I wish would go away. I guess though it is good that I finally did remember that I DID post even if it was days ago.

Gumby, Denny is in Paris, Texas , so with four kids to deal with here at the house by myself you can see why I am going more looney than normal. I will tell him you said hi, and the thought of hair in eggs is probably why I dont eat them much anymore........lol. Hugs to you , hope to see you someday soon.

Thanks to all of you for listening to me, I don't get to get on this computer much anymore due to so many kids and that darn Myspace thing they all got going on. Just know that each and everyone of you gave me something to think about, and especially gave me comfort in not feeling so alone .

I love you all, Dede

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

{{{Dede}}}

Bear in mind that the WTS has attempted to suck everything out of your dad's life and fill up his time with "theocrappic activities". While he's trying to share his life with you, the normal stuff is probably minimal. Kudos to him for trying, but it's probably not helping much.

Meanwhile it sounds liike you've done an incredible job of coping with everything that' gone on! Any chance Denny and yourself can get a break away to come see the gang, when we all meet in Dallas again next month (July 29th)?

And congrats to Jake. I'm sure he knows how proud his parents are of him - a generation spared some of what we went through!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Why is it that we're the ones who are willing to do all the changing for their happiness? It hurts so much to see them torn, but it's selfish of him to want you to be somebody you're not to make him happy. It's a big pat on the back when an unbeliever returns - anything they've ever heard that made them question the truth is completely abandoned, because this person they love and who they know is bright has come back to it. THERE, all the proof they need that it's the truth.

But you have Jake, and you want him to live his life in the freedom the way that you're learning to hey?

It would be fairest to your dad if he knew that you can't go back. One of these days I'll let my folks know that too. hugs...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit