The Most Humiliating Thing That Happened To You As A JW...

by Country Girl 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings puck

Once again those "elders suck"

Welcome to JWD

Dismembered

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

PUCK! Welcome to JWD. I'm so sorry you had to endure such humiliation!!!! I feel your pain.

GGBG

• wednesday
    wednesday

CG

I did the same thing. I saved my allownace and lunch money and bought make up and kept it in my locker and put it on at school. I also was not allowed to shave my legs, and would keep a razor at school and shave and wear knee socks (ths was junior high so that was still ok). It really is important to fit in at athat age.kids can be so mean.

• puck
    puck

yeah, it was pretty extreme. ah well -- now i'm out, as is at least one of those elders. anyway, it makes for a good story, no? :)

• puck
    puck

thanks for the welcomes, all.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I was doing stand up comedy in a Yuk Yuk's search for Canada's funniest amateur comedian and made it to the finals (I'm sure I'm giving myself away to lurkers... but you shouldn't be on here anyways! oh.... and I DON'T CARE ANYMORE), all with the support and encouragement of my many witness friends who would come and cheer me on and drink their (two) faces off. Some of my jokes were less than theocratically approved. An elder from an adjoining cong heard through the grapevine about the gig and showed up and as soon as they saw him ALL of my witness friends stopped laughing and voiced how disgusted they were with me. The elder of course never contacted me with his grievance but went straight to my elders. I was counselled and told the elders how sorry I was I offended my friends and how guilty I was for exposing them to that scene. Next came the inevitable local needs and the corresponding gossip. I felt like the biggest slime. I dropped out of the competition. I know it doesn't compare with what Underbeliever and goodgirl/badgirl had to go through (sick elders getting off on vulnerable people's intimate admissions) but it really embarrased me and made me feel like an evil monster for doing something I love.

• serendipity
    serendipity
    My most humiliating experience by far was the sexually explicit tell-all confession session with three elders during my judicial committee.

Ditto for me.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    The Most Humiliating Thing That Happened To You As A JW...

Recruiting for an apocalyptic cult going door to door for 33 years like a drone.

• gumby
    gumby

In 1976 I was a MS and got some weed. Me and my buddy....also a MS, had to tell on ourselves and it was harder than hell....and embarrasing. We were in a small hillbilly hall and I knew everyone really well. I ain't never been caught playin with my dinger yet though thank god.

Also want to say hi to Country Girl. Hi

Gumby

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Some of my jokes were less than theocratically approved. An elder from an adjoining cong heard through the grapevine about the gig and showed up and as soon as they saw him ALL of my witness friends stopped laughing and voiced how disgusted they were with me. The elder of course never contacted me with his grievance but went straight to my elders. I was counselled and told the elders how sorry I was I offended my friends and how guilty I was for exposing them to that scene.

Fleshybirdfodder, what's unbelieveable to me about your experience is that your friends so quickly stabbed you in the back. That's what true friends do, right? YUCK. And to think you could have won with your talents if you hadn't been made out to feel like such an "evil monster." That sucks! GGBG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit