My Friend died

by pratt1 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Sincere condolences. If I am understanding your post correctly it seems that this relatively young father has left his family in a financial predicament and the only help available is from XJWs? If they were in good standing with a congregation I would think the elders would step in with more than lip service, as in the parable of the Good Samaritan. Even when I was an elder we had a case similar in the cong. and we "passed the hat". I do remember that it was never even considered to approach the Society for help because they just don't do that.

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( Pratt )))

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Very sorry for your loss.

• greendawn
    greendawn

An untimely death is always particularly sad, at 47 years one's still very young. My condolences for the loss of your childhood friend.

• Scully
    Scully

(((( pratt1 ))))

So glad you had a chance to reconnect in the past few weeks. This time you spent with him is something you'll always treasure and never regret.

Many condolences on your friend's passing. I hope your memories of the good times you shared with him help you find comfort. It's those memories that keep him close to you in your heart.

• Es
    Es

My condolences

es

• juni
    juni

Good evening pratt1.

I remember your original post about your friend. I'm sorry to hear that his life was cut short. It was good that you were able to visit him before he passed away. I hope the love from your friends and family and your fond memories of your times together will bring comfort to your soul.

In friendship always,

Juni

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

pratt1, I'm so sorry you've lost your friend but am glad you were able to mend your friendship. You will always have those memories. I'm glad you were able to see him right before he died.

I hope the best for his family. And I hope lurkers read your post and it impacts them. Because it should.

Much love,

Good Girl

• hubert
    hubert

So sorry for your loss, pratt1.

Glad to hear you are helping his family. You are a true friend to him.

Hubert

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

So sorry to hear of your friend's death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit