1st post here, on a journey of discovery...

by kerc 44 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Welcome Arthur too! What good advice from a first time poster!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome kerc,

Glad you came here. ..I think Arthur's advice is excellent...I also believe it must be harder for those who were brought up in or born into the "lie",than a person like me. I came in as an adult ( a silly one, guilt ridden,because I smoked, swore, lied, ) they pointed out what a rotten peice of work I was , They made me into a judging, self rightous, non smoker, non liar, colporter. A very good sales lady.... Got beaten often by my husband because I was such a "perfect" (NOT!!!!! specimen)
    Then they gave me the left foot of fellowship when I confessed I couldnt believe Jesus came invisably in 1914....I was devastated!!!!! Imagine Jah had kicked me off the ARK...
    But as Arthur advised >Prayer -I continued!!! & I was picked up by a loving, uncondtional loving Savior JESUS. I am still a sinner, Not the things I used to be! just a normal( well some on here will question that LOL) non judgemental old woman of 79 years old The 25 years I spent in the WT was not wasted.... I think it taught me to really trust the LORD when he says Watch out for false prophets....Duet 18:20-22
    As you can see I live up to my name MOUTHY!!!! Sorry to be so long winded ((((HUGS))) You made my day

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome Kerc

Just one recommendation from me to begin with - if you haven't done so already, read both of Ray Franz' books. They will help you erase all the hidden guilt and fear in a hurry. At least they did for me.

Look forward to your future posts and thoughts.

Jeff

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Kerc!

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Arthur!

• Warlock
    Warlock

Kerc

I'm new here too, even though I've been lurking since Nov. 2005. I FEEL YOUR PAIN, BROTHER. I think one of the hardest parts of this whole thing is feeling betrayed by those who said they loved you and would give up their lives for you if it ever came down to it. I know YOU meant it, and you found out they didn't. Keep posting, because everyone here understands and wants to help. Sorry for the loss of your father. If it is any consolation, my father abandoned my mother when she got pregnant, even though they were married for not too long of a time, so I never got to know him.

Warlock

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Your at a crossroads, a time that will be filled with deep reflection and study. I've got only one suggestion for you. Get the books for sale on this webiste:
    Commentary Press
    I was running myself into the ground, not knowing where to turn untill finally I got the courage to buy 'Crisis of Conscience'. It was an amazing expierance. You will never regret that you did it. It will bring everything you have ever wondered or doubted to the table. Do it now, and don't wait. I waited over 6 years to read these books. There is nothing to fear in the search of the truth. I wish you the best!!!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

WELCOME ARTHUR. I TOO SERVED AT BETHEL

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Kerk and Arthur. I was a bethelite as well.

I'm glad you found this place and joined in. I hope to read more of your posts in the future.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Sorry, Arthur. Welcome to you also. Your "half ransom" statement was something I had never thought about until I came here.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit