From Lurker to Newbie

by Warlock 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

Juni,

Sorry for not being clear, but I have relatives still in the Org. and they keep me up to date, albeit 2nd, 3rd or 4th party about some of the things in SOME of the congs. that are going on, as the elder bodies do nothing. It is to them as if 'Jah. has left the land'.

Warlock

• juni
    juni

Gottcha warlock. A person does have to be very careful about taking things heard from a source. Sometimes things get misconstrued by the time we hear it. Like that old kid's game when you whisper something in the person's ear next to you and by the time it goes around the room it doesn't sound like it did when you started it out. Remember that?

BUT - I do/did know plenty of things first hand that would fulfill this scripture.

Thanks for clarifying.

Juni

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Warlock, hi.

And they'll use the scripture, that faith w/o works is dead. So that covers the reason for 5 mtgs. a week and f. service, etc.

Juni

Juni,

Yeah, I was thinking of that scripture as I wrote. Ha,Ha. Funny how we have been trained to think alike.

Warlock

Warlock and Juni,

What you say here reminds me of this quote (followed by his own personal comment about it) my friend emailed me yesterday that I find quite interesting/amusing:

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Friedrich Nietzsche

I know that quotes by an old German mental patient aren’t quite up there with biblical quotes, but there are few of his comments in which I don’t find truth.

GGBG

• Warlock
    Warlock

Juni,

I had to put out that way, but in every case there has been corroboration from others who didn't know what I knew, or how much.

Warlock

• juni
    juni

I'll agree with you there GGBG!! A lot are quite depressing and of the mind of a hopeless person. Oh I guess you did say that he has a mental health problem? I just couldn't keep scrolling down his quotes.

Thanks. That quote is true. We have to have diversity to practice our patience and open-mindedness. And really our love for others.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit