High Control? Cult?

by JoeSinclair 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sf
    sf

Pardon me, yet I could read no further, upon seeing this:

plan to visit a meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses, to find out what it is all about and learn more about what my girlfriend has been brought up believing,

If I may...a meeting will not give you clear, transparent visuals for your search.

To truly LEARN, to study their beliefs and how those beliefs are designed to fit ONLY the organizations of the Watchtower Book Publishing CORPORATION {BUSINESS}, you would need to study further on how they form and structure policies. LETHAL policies. Policies no one has the birthright to form in the first place. Not to mention a man-made publishing organization masked as true, loving organization of god.

Please keep in mind this: when you are new and start just only going to meetings and not having a "bible study", they will be watching you all the time. Trust me, meetings are where they size you up. That and how much more time are you truly devoted to giving the WTOrg { aka Jehovah's Witnesses }

Also, it would be wise during your re-search that you invest as much time in discovering the Watchtower Bible Tract Society shadier side as you do in searching out their even shadier doctrines and policies.

Hope I'm not coming off too caustic here. I sincerely want lurkers and seekers to get heavier into their research and start questioning more.

It's good to see this type of post...householder starts going to meetings and asking questions about "religion" that hates anyone not a jw and if I stop meetings and studying, I'm dead meat. LOLOLOL!!!

Because face it, it's what they really think! Don't be fooled. Jw's have mastered The Mask.

sKally

• jgnat
    jgnat

I disagree with SF. It is possible to notice when you visit, for an insightful man as yourself, that there is something terribly wrong with the organization. I'll explain later what to look for when you visit. I do fear, though, that your girlfriend may be sucked in with the added exposure. She may be on the very verge of being pulled back in.

I have only one word of advice: be careful!!! After all, black holes are a great deal of fun to observe (from a distance), until you fly the starship a little too close - YF, James

You must learn about the power that cognitive dissonance has over people. Logic flies out the window in the face of the mental and emotional manipulation hard-wired in to a JW's brain. Learn before you act. You will probably have to go ten times slower than you think in exposing your girlfriend to your research. Think years, not months. SCARE HER ONCE and she will likely run back in to the arms of the society. No matter how much she loves you. I strongly recommend you read at least one of Steve Hassan's books before you confront her with your unassailable evidence.

I'm a non-JW, married to a Witness these past three years. My husband has a very strong personality, and I wrongly assumed that the Watchtower society would not be able to overpower him. They very nearly have. And I am a very patient, intelligent, and resourceful person.

What To Look For In the Meeting

I documented the experience for the uninitiated here:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/jgnat/UBM/index.blog?entry_id=1117748

Hopefully my font choice will not be off-putting.

When I started visiting the Kingdom Hall, I noticed the almost obsessive interest in newcomers. I call the phenomenon "fresh meat". JW's are socially isolated. They're really not supposed to hang with "unbelievers", but they ARE supposed to encourage these same "unbelievers" to join their little group. It is mind-numbing to sit in the same meetings with the same people week after week, chatting about spiritual inanities. You, as the newcomer, will be quickly assessed as to whether you are potential "fresh meat". If it turns out you are merely another JW visiting from another congregation, you will be pumped for gossip and dropped. If you come across as a rank pagan, they will run away. IF THERE IS ANY POTENTIAL for you to join, they will invite you to a social gathering, further meetings, or a personalized bible study. If you are clean shaven and look good in a suit, all the better.

There's virtually no interest in who you are as a person. It's your status that's the thing.

If it is found out that your girlfriend is a faded JW, they will use their coded language to guilt her to come back. If you can listen in, check on their usage of words like, "truth", "this old system", "not much more time left", "this system of things", "we missed you", and "come back to Jehovah". Witnesses cannot conceive of a relationship with God separate from the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit