He Wouldn't Sell to Me Because I'm Not a JW

by JW_Researcher 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

This has got to be one of the silliest things I've had happen in a bit:

I wrote Steve Searle ([email protected]) who has literature for sale on E-Bay (Marley Cole’s books on CD) and on his website at http://www.geocities.com/searlsa123/WatchtowerAntiquarian

This is how he responded to my inquiry:

I hope you don't mind, but before I enter in to any discussion with you, can I confirm you are infact a practicing JW in good standing with your local congregation?

If you are, would you mind answering a couple of simple questions?

If not, I would prefer no further communication if you don't mind.

Kindest Regards

What does my “standing” have to do with purchasing a CD with Marley Cole’s books on it?

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

He writes this one his website:

Please contact my e.mail address for full details.

Only sincere Bible students are welcome and I will not enter into pointless debates with opposers of the work of the Watchtower Society under any circumstances.

Kindest Regards

Steve Searle

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

I really wasn't planning to debate him....as I rarely attack unarmed folks. :-) ...and I meet his "sincere criteron as well so.... maybe he should write "JWs only" or something.

I really only wanted to purchase a CD.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

As usual, the teachings of the Watchtower Society cannot stand up to close scrutiny.

Everything they do must be done under controlled circumstances... which is why it is called a High Control Cult.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

How does that compare with this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/114128/1.ashx

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    How does that compare with this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/114128/1.ashx

Excellent point!

JW_Researcher, maybe you should email a link to that news article to the guy who refused to do business with you. I bet he would rather shut down his business than be forced to do business with the likes of you.

• KW13
    KW13

probably cos he believes a brother wouldn't rip him off but its stupid, i 100% agree. They should get their own ebay if they plan to do things like this.

• under_believer
    under_believer

You should take him up on it. I would just LOVE to know what his questions are.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Marley Cole's book is not a Watchtower Society publication. It contains no teachings. Its a lovefest breakdown of the Organization written by a witness years ago, perhaps late fifties or early sixties. I dont know why anyone would want to waste thier time with it anyway. You guys are better off without it. Real trash.

W.Once

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Hi Wasanelder Once,

I dont know why anyone would want to waste thier time with it anyway.

I have an academic interest in it.

Certainly not looking for it to 'provide spiritual food at the proper time.' :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit